Any good SB recommendations???????

The Zepaltas rocks. So does the Novy. Also, the trusty standby of Rochioli – the 2010 is showing nicely with no rough edges.

+1

Otherwise if I’m at a restaurant I just ask for a glass of NZ Sauvignon Blanc.

Alpha Omega. Incredible!

This inspired me to crack a Bedrock, albeit a 2009. Initially super lemony with a strong mineral backbone. After warming a bit, has a slight oiliness on the palate and nice notes of lemon pith and greenage. Excellent, as always!

Oh, I’d also enter a vote for the Barnett SB.

Glad you like it Daniel.

Our SB comes from an organic vineyard up in Lake County. Awesome 25+ year old vines. Aged in 80% stainless and 20% neutral bbls for a few months then bottled up. I am still getting my bearings straight making SB, but the vineyard seems to produces some neat mineral and stone fruit type flavors.

Ryan

Alpha Omega, Herb Lamb 2 old dogs, and Arkenstone

I’ll second the note on Dragonette SB. Thought the '09 Happy Canyon was excellent and the Happy Canyon Vogelzang Vineyard phenominal. The latter is a bit pricey for an SB at about $48, but is truly special and worth seeking out.

Haven’t opened the 2010 Bedrock SB yet, but the '09 was awesome at about $22 and the board and CT reviews have been pretty good for the '10. Will definitely pop one soon.

Cheers,

Steve

Realm and Arkenstone are favorites

+3 on the Merry Edwards. Bought 6 of the 2010 about a month ago and have already downed 3…trying to hold off awhile on the other 3…excellent juice

The voice of reason at last [wink.gif] Thanks, Howard.

Cotat—as it usually is any year I get to have some. Russell’s Dry Stack SB was real good and extremely interesting this year.

Kathryn Kennedy.

And another vote for Bevan.

Cliff Lede makes some of my favorites. The last few vintages have been great. I’ve tried most vintages through 2009. I fully expect 2010 to be excellent, as usual.

My note from a 2007 that I tasted… Nose of peach, grapefruit, pear. Great taste of peach and honey. Nice acidity. Complex layered taste with a long smooth finish.