Anova Sous Vide Cooker

thanks for the replies…got the anova as a gift and will give it a shot this weekend.

I have the old BT Anova as well; it works great. I don’t think the wifi version is that important; it’s unlikely that I’ll be using the wifi to start/stop the slow cooking remotely.

For a cooking vessel, I bought a 12 quart Cambro with a matching plastic lid. I then cut a square out of one of the corners of the lid to fit the Anova. That way I can reduce the loss of heat and water from very long cooking. The Food Saver bags generally work just fine for sealing the food.

Bruce

It shows up now for $109.00
IMG_0388.PNG

used my anova for the first time this weekend making soft boiled eggs on saturday and lamb chops on sunday…the lamb really came out perfectly.

Different device. This is a more powerful Bluetooth version.

Sous vide is definitely a kitchen game changer. It is so nice to be able to throw something in and forget it. We pretty much exclusively cook steaks sousvide now. Sausage is also good. I also like Kenji Lopez recipes for the sousvide over on seriouseats. Definitely a worthwhile purchase if you ask me.