Another Help My Choose From a List Thread

I agree with the Mount Eden suggestion or the Heitz Napa. If you can justify going up to $200, definitely get the Dunn.

Big +1. If $129 isn’t out of bounds, that should be your call.

Montelena 2013 (non estate) for $128 would be another option.

Going cheaper, Arrowood Sonoma County 2013 — $72.00 would be a perfectly solid wine, made in a balanced style and from a very good vintage.

So we went to Chicago Cut tonight where the obnoxious waiter started off pushing a bottle of white and a bottle of red before we even had a chance to crack the menus. And the best part – after being told that I was expected to select wine, the host decided that he’d prefer cocktails. f*cking hell.

Thank you for all of your recommendations. I genuinely appreciate all of the suggestions. I’m sorry that wine wasn’t on the agenda, not least because I feel that I let you all down.

Separately, Bombay Sapphire makes Corey happy.

Weak. What a lame client you turned out to be!

Caymus

Then 70% of this list is gone.

How was the meat? What’d you have?

When it’s not corked?

Meat was only fair. Ordered a bone-in rib-eye medium rare and it came out medium/medium+. Fairly thin cut for a steakhouse. Apps were meh (only had the lamb chop which was good, but the avocado and crab and the crabcake weren’t well received by others at the table.) Sides (broccoli, corn, whipped potatoes) were fine but unexciting. And as mentioned above, service was pushy.

Meal was probably $600 with tip…it most certainly wasn’t worth $150/head. One of the many reasons that I don’t really care for steakhouses.

At least it wasn’t well done. [Drops mic]

Sounds like you need help with the gin list too…

FWIW, I would get the BV GdL for only $186…

Far Niente 2013 — $251.00(Bottle)

I ate at Cut in Beverley Hills once. I echo your review - very expensive, and just pretty good not great. The wine was awesome, but it was because we all brought first growths. Also great celeb sightings - standing next to me at the hostess table was Sidney Poitier, and Larry King sat near us.

Was taken to the local institution (The Angus Barn) for my birthday by wife and son. I eat my steak rare. When asked how everything was, I said (with the pause where the comma is):

My steak is not cooked, exactly the way I like it.

The waiter turned white as a sheet and a captain was at the table within 8 seconds. I almost had to grab my plate out of their hands to prevent it being sent to the kitchen.

I still think I’m funny, even if nobody else does.

fred