Another FedEx Rant - Wine Delivery Gone Bad

Once had a 1912 Madeira destroyed by FedEx. It was part of a three bottle shipment packed in heavy styrofoam shippers. It looked like a forklift or something similar had run over the box. Such a crime against wine.

REgular FedEx is fine. I have never had anything other than truly awful experiences with the FedEx ground guys, though. If I go ground, I demand UPS or I won’t buy it.

Fed Ex can be sloppy, but the packages that the Sanguis bottles were sent in were far from industry standard… 6 pack cardboard box stuffed inside an outer cardboard box… No styro/ Foam or any Insulation of any kind…

What is a Sanguis ?

Wine for vampires.

Wouldn’t that be Egri Bikavér

Fwiw, I also received 2 boxes from Sanguis and a bottle was broken in one of the boxes. Jamie has been very accommodating.

From my POV, this is a very good feature, particularly for people who can’t have wine shipped to their office. Some people just tell me which FedExOffice is closest to them and I have it go directly there rather than waiting and having them attempt once first.

BTW, I have a contact at Fedex who seems to be genuinely interested in doing what they can to fix the problems people have had. If anyone wants to give the zip codes where you have ongoing problems, I will refer them to the list.

Mystery solved.

Interesting that there would be no insulation whatsover - if even for temp control . . . .hmmmm.

Cheers!

+1

[cheers.gif]

I’ve never had a problem with FedEx. I used to work for UPS years ago in my youth and I can testify that spmetimes package handlers DO deliberately mishandle packages just for kicks and I suspect the same is true at FedEx. It’s not by any means a major issue but it does happen.

Other than never having a damage issue with FedEx I use them because they are cheaper than UPS and if you ship ground from the west coast on Monday it will make it to the east coast by Friday. UPS can’t get to it’s destination until the following week.

FedEx ground from the left coast to the right coast sucks. that is all.