Announcing the Launch of To Kalon Vineyard Company

Get on the list now.

It might get 98 points from somebody.

Then won’t you feel silly for snidely dismissing it!

No issue paying $200 for a bottle. However, I’ll pass and instead pay that to a smaller producer and avoid Constellation.

Joined the list. Will be a game time decision

1 Like

opus is a separate entity, no?

In my opinion, because they are a bunch of weasels who are trying to arrogate the ToKalon name for themselves even though they did not come up with it and trademark it without adequate legal justification. I vote BOYCOTT them. The wine is banned from Berserkerfest 10.2 even if it comes out by then!

2 Likes

And I wonder if it will affect production of those other brands as they have a common corporate overlord.

I guess I don’t have a problem with Constellation deciding to capitalize on the brand name, whether or not they came up with it.

They’re selling off their lower-end wine brands to Gallo, focusing mostly on beer, with Corona just about to become the second largest seller in the US, and they’re only keeping some of the wines from their massive portfolio.

“Our remaining wine and spirits business will primarily consist of wines at the greater than $11 price point and will include fast-growing, high-margin power brands like Kim Crawford, the number one Sauvignon Blanc in the U.S.; Meiomi, the number one U.S. Pinot Noir; and SVEDKA Vodka, the number one imported vodka in the U.S.”

Somebody is going to buy it. I think the same people who already buy $200+ Cabs. The problem here is that it’s a big corporation making it. But if it were a billionaire or some celebrity who hired Erickson or TRB or some other fashionable wine maker, would people be any happier with one more formulaic Cab?

Maybe buy their stock instead, which has been doing relatively well over the past few years. I don’t have a problem with them trying to maximize the return on their assets. Hasn’t Andy Beckstoffer been doing the same thing?

Awesome Glassware!

I’ll stick with MacDonald.

1 Like

He was guarding our “dark green wax” pinot noir…from fabulous Roadhouse Winery!

[cheers.gif]

I believe Opus is co-owned by Constellation and the Rothschild family but it essentially run by the Rothschild interests. When my daughter worked for Constellation/Mondavi she said that the Opus people rarely participated in corporate things. The way she put it was that “they only talked to God”… but that’s a whole other story.

Looks like ED209 from RoboCop.

Majority of Opus best fruit comes from To Kalon. Very little of the Primo juice is from their estate vineyard.

your use of the phrase ‘To Kalon’ is pretty vague. i didnt think constellation to kalon had access to opus to kalon.
again, i may be wrong.

this is essentially what i thought. partial ownership but run separately.

Is anyone following the latest lawsuit by Jeremy Nickel? They amended and refiled last week.
B272E384-14F2-4C92-8FFF-ABEB2531135D.jpeg
B905FE0F-5888-4FBB-B98D-83B2DF6AF7CB.jpeg

1 Like

Saw something that it was tossed a couple of days ago?

1 Like

Yes I saw that also - but looks like it might have been amended and refiled.

The website is up and running. It’s not taking orders but you can create an account, and it lists a 3 pack at $600.

The wine is 80% Cab., 10% Zin., and 10% Pinot, I can’t remember seeing that combination before.

1 Like

I’m with Jay.
Boycott Constellation.

1 Like