Andremily Release: No. 7 + 2018 Mourvèdre

I have been a buyer since Andremily’s inaugural release, and have loved every vintage of this Syrah.
The Mourvedre is great, the perfume on this wine is really out of this world.
And if you get a chance to try the Rose, it too is outstanding!

Signed up when I received the heads up in a SQN release letter. Bought every wine since Andremily #1.

grouphug

Strange, nothing for me and I’ve been buying every standard release since the beginning.

Check your spam or shoot them an email. I’ve gotten allocations and haven’t bought until this time.

The mourvedre add some diversity to my collection and they’ll arrive in time to crack one open for my birthday.
I tasted #4, 2013 Reva, Touche, 2013 Next of Kyn and 2014 Sanguis Bossman together and at the time for me, #4 and especially the Reva were tops.

Lately, Andremily and Saxum have become my goto’s for Syrah. Never a bad bottle (for me at least).

+1 Andremily and Saxum… Booker is great too, their ‘Fracture’ is another of my favorites.

When I look at the cost of Andremily versus the rest of the SQN family, including NOK, Third Twin and Faethem, it’s a no-brainer. If QPR has any
meaning in the SQN universe, Andremily is the best.

Placed my first order last night for a 3 pack of the syrah. in addition to qpr also very reasonable shipping rates.

Just placed my order for (2) 3-packs of the Syrah and 1 of the Mourvèdre. Such a no brainer, but now I am officially done buying for the year.

Has anyone seen any reviews for the 2018 Mourvedre or No. 7 Syrah? I know they consistently receive high marks, but curious about the 2018 vintage.

18’ CA vintage is a buy across the board. Great year for CA fruit.

Jeb—97-100 syrah, 95-97+ Mourvèdre

Often when I drink expensive wines, I can appreciate their goodness, but find it hard to justify the price difference from moderately priced ones. However, Andremily is special from the first sip, and I find myself saying “Aha, now I get what all the fuss about fine wine is about”

After sampling the 2017 EABA with a very long decant this decision was easy for me to make. I can’t wait to get my hands on more of these wines. Hoping my mag wish gets filled tomorrow.

These arrived today. Same style no bulk shipping boxes as Kinsman Eades which I love. They slide easily into my storage, are flip top, and no need to tape them up on their side, AND they fit PN bottles. I’m going to look for these boxes to buy for my offsite.
andremily.jpg

Will be interesting to see how the brand develops further now that they own Slide Hill.

When did this happen? Interesting - wonder why Brook would part with the vineyard? Wonder what will happen to the contracts?

My guess is that you have some inside scoop, my friend . . .

Cheers!

Larry, Benny was sourcing from SlideHill and told me the news. Sucks, as it looks like he is not going to be able to get grapes there moving forward.

This a give away?

https://www.instagram.com/slidehill/

James A Binns
Winery/Vineyard
Slide Hill Vineyard is a Biodynamic Vineyard in Edna Valley outside of San Luis Obispo, CA. We grow Syrah, Grenache, Tempranillo, and Marsanne.

1 Like