Andremily 23/24' spring + fall release

i am looking forward to this shipment, i double checked and realized i ordered 6 btls of the white. score.

1 Like

The white is just brilliant.

1 Like

This made me nervous, but fortunately no shipping notification for SoCal

2 Likes

@Jeff_M1 or anyone else- the '21 white, was going to open this tonight. how long to open this before drinking? decant?

1 Like

I would give it a couple hours. This wine definitely changes with time. I opened a 20’ white in January this year and let it open up in a decanter but kept it cold in the fridge and let it warm up some before drinking.

3 Likes

Erin Brooks just gave some great reviews for the '21 vintage.
I normally just buy the Mourvedre as it hits the spot every time open a bottle.

3 Likes

Better snag the Slide Hill Estate bottle when it’s offered too. Have a feeling we’re going to see some nice new bottles from Mr Binns.

4 Likes

decant in the fridge, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

so i had the '21 white open for probably 5.5 hrs before consumption. no decant.
brought to dinner. really dynamic wine. nose was elegant fruit, minimal wood.
taste wise it began fairly lean with some acid, almost chablis-like. not what you’d expect from a rhone white in terms of groggy weight, over-extracted, or ethanol.

halfway through the bottle it went up a weight class or two. again still high quality and not flabby. just a little more density.
having recently had the Kobashi white 2 weeks ago, the Andremily white is head and shoulders above that.

overall it’s a great representation of a domestic white rhone done with a california touch. i expected nothing less from JB and he delivered, as always.

1 Like

I’m curious as Erin Brookes posted about 2020 Slide Hill, but Dunnuck’s review shows 2021 Slide Hill. Which is it?! I’m in for either though and some No. 10.

i think it’d be 21.
and for the 10 i think this should be called andremily X. unless X is trademarked?

3 Likes

here is why I’m confused. haha

4 Likes

Saw that too and I think Jim bought Slide Hill Estate in 2019. If so then not sure how much of the fruit would still be contracted out but there does appear to be some 2020 and 21’ coming.

Found this from The Wine Independent

I asked Binns if we could expect to see a single vineyard wine coming from his new estate vineyard in the future. “We held back some of the best Slide Hill barrels from 2020,” he replied. “We may do a vineyard designate extended age from this wine. And in 2021, we will probably do a vineyard designate from Slide Hill. That area of the valley lends itself to the extended barrel age style. It is cooler there, so the tannins can be quite firm. I look forward to the day when we release our first single vineyard wine from there!”

1 Like

I had emailed Jim a few weeks ago. He said release end of the month, so I expect this week then?

1 Like

Sounds like it. Ready for the last buy of the year.

1 Like

Crickets…

2 Likes

Someone tell @J_Binns the Dodgers are signing Shohei and to open the release. :berserker: :berserker: :berserker:

Maybe next week then?

1 Like

Ha, I emailed and they said working through last bit of 2023 crush and hope to get the release out next week.

2 Likes

Last buy of the year. Looks to be another great Andremily.

3 Likes

Fall release is hot. In for 2 Andremily 10s, 2 Mourvèdre’s, 1 Slide Hill and wish list for mags. Thanks Jim!

1 Like