Andremily #2

I didn’t open them side by side, but from memory, I couldn’t tell them apart. I had them shortly after delivery though and both have probably evolved considerably since then. I had the same question last year or this past spring (I can’t remember when these shipped), so I opened them within a week or so of one another.

*edit: I can add that neither was reminiscent of SQN.

Where do these rate in the Syrah world ?

Are they good in the mid range sense ( Denner, Carlisle etc ) , excellent ( Saxum, Booker etc ) or high end ( SQN ) I know they might not match any of these styles im just trying to understand the value

Alan,

IMO, just shy of SQN, and more balance vs. power that Saxum and Alban show. The 2013 got 97-99 from TWA, 2012 97, so definitely top echelon scores, yet still reasonable prices ($83) and very little made, believe first vintage was 300 cases.

Find it very interesting the high Mourvedre percentage Jim has done in 2013 (11%) as that seems to be a grape along with PS that Manfred is really coming around to.

The secondary market pricing is 300+. BTW - 2013 Booker Syrah got 98-100 WA rating. Will be trying in December.

Alan,

Had the Andremily next to a '10 Booker Fracture, and I quite preferred the Andremily. But…it had been decanted 5 hours, and the Booker had not.

Initially went for 3 pack a few days ago. Now added a wish list magnum. Promising.

Was just told no soup for me in terms of wish list when I emailed them as a follow up. Might see a few available after the 11/3 deadline but probably not much so pretty stoked to even get my 3 pack at this point.

I don’t buy it on secondary market, so really no consequence to me what people are asking for it…asking $300 and getting it are two separate things.

Opened another tonight and it’s still not ready. It did unwind a bit, so a healthy decant may coax a bit more from it. I don’t find comparison to any of the producers up thread. Qualitatively, it’s good - intense, focused and pure. It’s built for aging with solid acid and tannic structure to compliment pretty dense fruit. I’m left with the impression that this is one of those wines with hidden potential. By way of comparison, it reminds me of the first couple of releases of Rhys / Rudius if you’ve had either at project kick off. You know something good is lurking, but hard to get a baring because it’s not showing its hand anytime soon.

Was just wish listed a 2nd 3 pack! Just wish I could back fill another '12 one so I could try one without the regret the next day…

Lucky I sent in my check for #1 last year early enough to get a solid allocation of the #2. Was able to get a mag with my initial allocation this time around, though no luck on wish listing a second mag.

Definitely planning on doing a road trip with some other forumites to pick these up when available in spring 2016.

You won’t regret it, you’ll just have one less :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for these to arrive!

Yea I’m planning on the same as well with the wife. They said they’d be in touch closer to mid-march about scheduling a pickup time.

Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail…these bad boys should be arriving Thursday. If anyone Pobegas a bottle (I believe that is the proper term), please post your notes!

Usually that email just means the label has been created, and if it were to ship today you would get it Thursday.

My guess it they are just printing out all the labels today.

I stand corrected - my order shipped. Awesome!

Has anyone in CA received a shipping notice (or the wine itself) yet?

Just got it in NC

David. I don’t live in the US but have this delivered to California and haven’t received any notification yet.

David not yet. Probably next week when it is raining and cool.

Anyone local-ish doing pickup? I talked to Jim back in November and he had said March would be the time but would have to coordinate a date.