An unknown winery: JCB Wines.

I was in Healdsburg recently and poked my head in here. Wow. Wine bling galore. But there were no red Burgundies for the sommelier series red burg glasses that were littering the joint. I’m in Nate and Robert’s camp.

O M G… I think I finally found someone for Suckling to hang out with in Napa. Goes to show you what you can do with almost unlimited amounts of $$$Check this out you Burgundy hoarding, cellar crawling, dusty bottle sniffing wine Berserkers…you are missing it!!

You are incorrect. Brut is 0-12, though most folks under about 5 are Extra Brut, and under 3 is Brut Nature. Demi-Sec is 32-50 g/l

Cheaper than Ovid.

Touché!

And I didn’t get a cool skull, rats!

I think he wants to be in Ke$ha’s blow video.

My in-laws that are ‘lifestyle’ folks eat that up. Love JCB. More stinky Chinon for me, I suppose.

I have to do a mea culpa.

After all those great Napa recommendations you all made for my wife, this is where she and her tennis friends are all going now two weeks.

I sent them that video above, amused to hear what they say.

I SO wish Alfert went to JCB and met Jean Charles - my guess is that they’d become fast friends, honestly

(could the bottle rising up from the bottom be any more phallic?)

You are probably right. I pretty much like everyone. Especially with cocktails. Keep in mind that I even allowed Corey into my house.

Buena Vista Winery’s transformation additionally says he wants to do things with a flair. Every winery wants a differentiating story. One of the earliest Ca wineries has servers and greeters in old Western attire and the theme continues with a wine having a sheriff’s star affixed to the bottle.
His French flavored artsy approach is controversial which conforms to the Merican adage there is no bad publicity.
When you are Mr. Boisset married to Gina Gallo you can obviously do as you please and have your brand of fun with your brands. Amusing.
Was his goat with feathers in the video inspired by THE coffee shop in Hburg?

One’s perception of sweetness is a function of the acid level, as well as sugar. After attending a components tasting at a lab in Napa once, I came away convinced that you can’t make an intelligent estimate of RS without knowing the acid. So maybe it was just very low acid. And I’d guess that the typical brut Champagne has way more acid.

We stumbled into the JCB Tasting Room in Yountville late one afternoon, on our way to dinner, after wine tasting all day. JCB is the new fashionable bubby that all the women are drinking these days, so we each did a champagne flight (wives choice). We’d been drinking all day, wives were loving the champ’s, hostess was good looking and friendly. We ended up buying a few bottles of The Surrelist. From what I remember it tasted good, but then the next day I found out it was like $350/bottle. They know how to sell!

You have to look at what he’s done with Raymond in Napa.

The Red Room is way overdone and feels like a 19th Century bordello. Very nicely decorated for private parties or tastings.

The Chrystal Room has a large chrystal chandelier, scantilly clad manikins hanging all around the stainless steel tanks and features his best wines at the bar.

There are other small tasting rooms scattered throughout the facility.

There’s a big windowed blending room where tasters can make their own blend.

There are other frivolous decorations all around.

Then there is the dog pen outside for his famous bulldog or anyone else who brings a dog.

It’s a fun place to visit and his best reds are very good.

Maybe not serious enough for many here but I recommend it for out-of-state guests.

Reminds me of Armida’s Poizin zinfandel - “The wine to die for.”.

I have some friends that ended up at a party at his CA home a few years ago. The stories were what you’d expect. Complete with scantily clad women swinging from the ceilings.

More on JCB the man