American Truffle farming.

In the US, 3x-4x is a fair differential I think

1 Like

On itā€™s own, and not comparing to Italian white truffles, I find these interesting, very pungent, the scent goes forever. So maybe no need to compare and just have both for their own qualities?

1 Like

This may be inappropriate to bring up but my wife and I both noticed that the flavor, um, lingers. Apparently, this is a thing. It was delightful while sipping on a Barolo.

Hmmm, didnā€™t Samantha on SITC once notice something like that is another realm?

I wish they would respond to contacts. Iā€™d like to delay a shipment until late next week but no one responds.

Like Paul Iā€™m now fluffing eggs for Saturday.
3C837771-B3C0-4E86-BE59-00452A0D71AA.jpeg
They are very fragrant, Iā€™ve definitely had ā€œbadā€ truffles much much less so. It does not strike me exactly as a direct substitute on intial smell, but certainly has that pheromone that makes you keep wanting more. Excited to try probably Sat.

First USE:

Fedderson Farms 100% Wagyu beef
Burwell Farms Truffles
Famous Daveā€™s Bun
That is itā€¦

As we have heard, donā€™t thinks these, have the umpff of Italian whites
But the aroma and flavor is pretty awesome, just opening the frigā€¦it permeates
I enjoyed themā€¦ so farming these the first yr. Wonder going forward, once these get started yrs down the line, would these change flavor
Like Grape vines

Like Paul Iā€™m now fluffing eggs for Saturday.

that made me laugh ā€¦nicely played sir.

I will love seeing this question answered in the future.

I think I prefer these microplaned more than shaved.

I plan to re-order going forward. As previously stated, not as a replacement for Italian white truffles but as a separate category. Relative to price, I find them interesting and enjoy over the eggs.

1 Like

Next up

Fresh Pasta/ simple butter and parm emulsified into a sauce/sage/nutmeg/ cracked pepper
Kind of a fan of nutmeg and truffle

again these are very satisfyingly truffles to me ( though sometimes in reminds me of truffle oil * which i never use

3 Likes

We used a 1 3/8 ounce truffle last night and shaved it onto a 12 inch cheese pizza. It generated a mellow truffle tone with no sharp edges but not the wow factor Iā€™ve experienced from other truffles, but still pleasant and identifiable. Iā€™d call this a subtle truffle.

We have a much more aromatic seeming truffle from the same shipment for pasta tonight.

I am going to steal that, this very night! Thank you! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Just scrambled two of the eggs that had been stored in the fridge with the truffles ā€“ lovely truffle notes on the eggs. Looking forward to pasta this evening with shaved truffles. Though just seeing Timā€™s post may compare shaving to microplaning. My guess is I will prefer the latter as well. I decanted a nice 1997 Barolo this morning to accompanyā€¦

I was disappointed in my 2 oz truffle.
57270108-DD60-47D2-B1C2-7AE78D88484D.jpeg
45E06407-7505-4D8D-918B-8B3811747D2A.jpeg
3F6C2143-B8C9-481A-88AF-C300D5D37812.jpeg

Sorry to hear that!
I ordered 2oz.

Wowā€¦ I have 1 more oz of truffleā€¦ Damn

Simple Eggs Omlet/ salt/butter/ truffle/Montchevre/pepperā€“creamy middle

Also sorry to hear that. Our 1 3/8 ouncer was so subtle, I can relate to your experience. We have a more aromatic one on deck.

Significant truffle to truffle variation?

I wonder with the Smithsonianā€™s article they havenā€™t had a significant uptick in orders. Maybe quality has suffered?