Alsace is dead at retail

If you want Alsace in the US, buy the wines.
I regularly bring in the full monty from Dirler-Cadé, Agathe Bursin (her wines are tremendous, and still fairly unknown relative to the “big names”), Kientzler, Bott Geyl…David is a regular supporter, and a few other Berserker people as well, but…
Undoubtedly, if chosen from the right addresses, they offer some of the greatest value in the world for world class, ageworthy, and singular beauty in wine…
A few irons in the fire as well to continue to expand the Alsatian allstar team…
[cheers.gif]

I’ve got Boxler, Weinbach, Mann, Blanck, Z-H, and Trimbach; maybe still a few bottles of Bott-Geyl and possibly Burn in off-site storage. Mostly, but not exclusively, Riesling from all. I agree that the sales are in a slump here in the U.S., but we’ve never been their major market.

Don’t blame me, all of my Rieslings are Alsatian…

Greetings fellow Alsacian wine lovers. grouphug Fortunately in Montreal, Quebec and Toronto, Ontario up here in Canada we get plenty of Alsscian wine. Decent mix of supermarket and high-end bottlings. I do, however, notice that it’s the only category where the selection in the US is LESS than up here in Canada which always confounded me. I can go to the US and easily obtain unobtainable Chinato, Prum, Donhoff any number of high end whiskeys… but I can’t find a decent bottle of Alsacian wine.

Boxler is great. So is Burn, if anybody can find it.

Dan Kravitz