Alex MacDonald visits Dallas & and the 1st time a complete 6 year vertical of MacDonald is tasted!

Bill and I disagree on that particular wine. I thought the '12 (which was also there) had much more depth and complexity. I agree that the '13 Roberta’s was underwhelming, but I will reserve final judgement for another couple of years to see where it goes.

It is definitely reaching its peak, and I will say that most of the wine we drank was in the cellar itself, which was at a cooler temp. I walked a few glasses into the regular room temp and as they warmed up, the wine showed better aromatics and increased complexity and character for me.

I think this wine is an all-time mythical legend. Imagine a bigger better version of Scarecrow from '03-'05. That is what this is.

Next time Bill and I get together, I’ll open another bottle and ask him to give it a second chance!

-Alex

Thanks for sharing guys. How was the '80 Stony Hill Chard?

If someone could point me in the direction of the $15 grocery store Merlot that tastes like a '12 Roberta’s Reserve, I’d be much obliged!

I did not get to try the 2012.

Typo on my part. Meant the '13. I haven’t tried the '13 but given the reviews I’ve read, it doesn’t come as a surprise that it wasn’t a crowd pleaser at this stage in its life. Especially as a PnP in a cellar. Tough company next to the Macs and all the other heavy hitters!

It was meh, and I mean that honestly. I would rather buy a case of wine that RMP and the throngs of fanboys don’t go gaga about for the same coin.

I believe that these 100 pointers that roll off of Bob’s fingers are directly related to wines and wineries he want to make it big.

Just wow wines. Sounds like a great time!

That sounds like it was a great experience trying the full vertical. I have the 2012 and am eagerly awaiting the 2013, hopefully the release will be after September 20th since I will be out of the country until then with spotty Internet.