Advice on producers I should try at La Fete du Champagne?

Interesting. I am a big fan of Dom Ruinart

I generally love Le Cran, but then I love all the non-negociant bottlings from Bereche. They are a table I try to visit since it decides which of their wines I’ll buy for the year. Last year I found their 2014s disappointing but I’m looking forward to seeing what this year has to bring.

If it were me, I would add:

Rodez (I found the parcelle wines to be very special, but it seems like it’s just Peter and I)
Savart
Tarlant

I like Jacquesson. I’d probably drop Pol Roger and Salon from your list to concentrate on more growers, but that’s just me maybe.

I like Rodez. So that’s three.

I tried them at my first two La Fetes and decided I wouldn’t waste any more time as they weren’t for me.

I haven’t tried many so I might like them more than I think but being able to visit a limited number of tables and with the cost of entry outside means a lot of people don’t get second chances.

On the other hand I am certain I don’t care for Krug as well meaning friends keep opening it when I’m around. I really wish they’d stop.

just target their single vineyard stuff.

I would also recommend Etienne Calsac. I love the Clos des Maladries.

Thanks Robert! I may make them my first stop.

BTW - you should have an email from me.

I like the multi-vineyard BdN too.

yes!

That Barr was so good i’m picking up some more tomorrow

Charlie, so who offered the CT Les Barres?

went to the lanson dinner last night (thank you again generous benefactor!) and was very interesting. a house i have almost zero experience with. all served in magnum going back to 1961.

i highly recommend going to the champagne lounge at the freehand hotel for any pre- of after-hours shenanigans. the list of champagnes on hand is stupendous and the pricing seems a few % over cost. lots of fun.

does this mean less than retail?
i never cared for the freehand hotel, it has a strange vibe. i find it an odd choice of venue…

yes.

you don’t have to go if you don’t like it, it was just a suggestion. sorry if that wasn’t clear.