A Tale of Two: 2007 Dujac Echezeaux and 2007 DRC Echezeaux

Dinner with friends at Chez Jean Pierre in West Palm. Classic French cuisine well done. The wines paired well with perfectly cooked roast duck and veal with morels.

I’ve been a fan of 07 from the beginning due to price and how the Dujac Echezeaux showed (so good I stopped mid dinner to secure 6 bottles at the initial low pricing). It’s often referred to as an early drinking vintage but both these wines may be drinking well on their 21st birthdays.

Excellent wines with room for development.

• 2007 Domaine Dujac Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (1/6/2018)
    Drank alongside the 07 DRC Echezeaux. This wine has had a beautiful open floral nose since the beginning and tonight was no different. The fruit is redder than the DRC and the wine is also lighter in color. Both this and the DRC exhibit a touch of earth and enough additional structure to keep evolving. A once and future treat.
  • 2007 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (1/6/2018)
    Drank alongside the 07 Dujac Echezeaux for a wonderful comparison. The color and fruit is a bit darker. The nose is less floral but more spice. They both exhibit a hint of wood and earth. The DRC finishes with a nice cool menthol note. Interestingly, not as evolved as a previous bottle from the same lot last month. This one needed additional time in the glass to evolve and was noticeably more youthful.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great notes on great wines from a great vintage. 2007 really can be so good!

I have only tasted a few '07…but have liked them immensely

When should I open my 07 dujac ech mag for DJ Khaled

Time to sell your Dujac to DJ Khaled and Jay Z.

When you’re invited on his yacht for Dujac Meetings?

I don’t think DJ Khaled is actually worth that much. Must have been Jay’s or Diddy’s.