A few quick notes: Ramonet, PYCM, Grasso, Arpepe

Notes are a bit abbreviated as this was by no means a formal tasting and they are from memory.

Gratiot-Gerard Extra Brut Champagne Rosé de Saignee Désiré 2009

Persimmon, grapefruit, and tangerine notes, nice bead, very elegant rose champagne.

2015 Limerick Lane Rose of Syrah

Fresh and pretty, melon and berry notes, goes down too easily.

2015 Pierre Yves Colin Morey Aligote

Incredibly fresh and refreshing wine, also a quaffer, but delicate and beautiful. Very nice aromatics.

2015 Tortochot Bourgogne Cuvee Fine Selection

I grabbed a few of these for $15 and it drinks well beyond its price point. Fresh and bright with nice red fruits, not very complex but very pleasant.

2013 Aix Doyenne

Smooth, but not very memorable.

2013 Ramonet Chassagne Montrachet 1er Clos de la Boudriette

This had a beautiful nose that suggested Chambolle or Volnay, with a bit of earth and sous bois. Lots of red fruits, and great palate presence. It wasn’t a huge wine by any means and I’m not sure how well it’d age, but had surprising complexity and was remarkably well integrated.

2008 Elio Grasso Barolo Riserva Runcot

A bit young, more modern style than his other wines, opened up nicely with air, beautiful wine but would be better in 5-10.

2012 Domaine Lionnet Cornas Terre Brûlée

Pretty wine, rustic nose, meat and olive along with earthiness, nice pure dark fruits, lighter bodied than I would have expected, better with some air.

2012 Giacosa Fratelli Barolo Bussia

I know people are all over the ‘13 but I’m loving the ‘12 I’ve had. This was fresh and lively with beautiful purity of fruit and there was no question where it was from.

2011 Arpepe Sassella Stella Retica

This was drank back to back with the Barolo for comparison; very different wine; this was lighter bodied, with amazing aromatics and was incredibly fluid on the palate.

2003 Chateau Suduiraut Sauternes

I think the 03s are underrated with how nice the 01 and 05 vintages were. This had intense overripe pineapple and creme brûlée notes and is drinking at or near prime.