A couple of wines that dont suck

• 2006 Carlisle Syrah Dry Creek Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley (2/11/2011)
    Great nose of beef, milk chocolate and some funkyness. The palate is juicy with blackberries and raspberries. Some baking spices. Solid streak of acid keeps it from being overripe. Medium bodied and medium lenght finish. Delicious wine.

• 2003 Robert Foley Claret - USA, California, Napa Valley (2/9/2011)
    Giant nose of ripe plums, black cherries and baking spices. The palate is viscous and full of chocolate, plums and some oak. Solid from attack to smooth, sweet finish with tannins that can clearly hold up for 5+ years. A great bottle of wine and still young.

• 2007 Saxum James Berry Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (2/9/2011)
    Oh boy I shouldve listened to Loren. Did not decant. My bad. The nose was gorgeous, amazing. Full of clove, cinnamon, raspberries, blueberries, chocolate, every time I stuck my nose in I could smell something different. The palate is where I goofed. It felt like a velvet giant in the mouth, filling every nook and cranny but the fruit was tight and primary. Amazingly the finish was smooth and sweet just not very well differentiated flavors cleary as a result of lack of air. For three hours it stayed the same. Im in love with the nose and the texture. Wont touch for a while and when I do, Ill decant for 12 hours.

• 2008 Kutch Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/9/2011)
    The nose is redolent of vanilla and cherries. The palate has cherries, vanilla and some cola with a sweeping streak of acid. Not very complicated, and a bit less i your face than I prefer, but enjoyable wine.

• 2009 Loring Wine Company Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (2/9/2011)
    Cherries and cola on the nose. The palate is rich and creamy full of cola flavors as evidenced on the nose. Long, pleasant finish with a little heat. These appelation wines have a great QPR

Posted from CellarTracker

I posted a CT note on the Carlisle last week. I agree with you.

Carlisle delivers :slight_smile: one thing though I think its as good as its going to get.