A burglary berserkers will cringe at

Wow. Sorry to hear. Have been burgled once many years ago when I was away. Was young, single and living in an apartment. Was the same guys that stole my car from the place I was staying earlier that afternoon. Was always amazed they would risk the slow elevator ride up & down 16 stories. Not a nice feeling regardless.
Brazen to take such large items, as I assume they would need a truck and more than a few strong bodies to lift, unless they actually happen to be neighbours which sounds unlikely. As suggested, might be worth asking neighbours if they have camera footage of the street and area from the night.

Spotted a garage burglaries newspaper article last week here in SF, caught my eye as a new trend.
Another plague spreading like Omicron.
Sorry your space and property were invaded by criminals, another vulnerability to consider!

Victor your comment appears racist.

3 Likes

Makes me cringe! I was robbed by some shady friends of my kids some 17 years ago and it was a case of my kids leaving the front door open. I felt so violated, I cannot imaging this level.

That’s a big part of it these days. Both the criminals and the victims know that nothing will ever happen to people who do this sort of stuff, and that adds another big layer of frustration on top of the theft itself. Nobody will try to catch them, and nothing or almost nothing would happen to them even if they were caught.

How do I get a free pass so I do not get a yellow card for postings like that?

SERIOUS IDEA -

If you think it might be a local thief, maybe you should check out the recycling bins! The police may not care, but the Sanitation Department would have people arrested for throwing bottles in the wrong bin.

On a lighter note, my one experience with wine-related theft at my house was pretty amusing. I had ordered 4 or 5 cases of empty bottles for my home winemaking a number of years ago, and somebody stole them off my front porch.

While it was mildly annoying to have lost them and have to buy them again, I got some satisfaction thinking of the thief going and opening these boxes he stole and discovering they were empty wine bottles.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty funny. Surprised they didn’t return and throw all the bottles on your lawn

Probably how Rudy K started out. You should feel honored.

Sorry 8:30am hearing - easier if you hit the warning button and we’ll get notified immediately since you already called them out. Both users warned and posts deleted.

Let’s not make this political, thanks

That sucks Glen. It’s a violation thing often with lost money a secondary feeling

At least they didn’t get the good stuff. Which…ummm…btw…is kept where, exactly? Asking for a friend

+1 too. I live down in LA, I know where Compton is.

Glen, sorry you went through this.

They certainly won’t work on a single case like this, at least not without strong video evidence, like a license plate and clear view of the perps. But they do work on the rings that tend to be behind these kinds of things. I see on the news often enough that they’ve broken a burglary/fencing ring, found a warehouse or garage full of stuff, etc.

Anyway, bummer situation, definitely feel your pain.

Btw, I’m not sure if the situation has improved at all, but in 2020 you couldn’t buy a small freezer to save your life. If that’s still the case, they can probably sell those units for good money. The contents are a bonus to them.

I thought your daughter was like 18. How’d they catch the criminals 17 years ago? One of them tracked by a pacifier left behind at the crime scene?

Down in the vaults, but I must warn you, they are damp. Just a little farther, all the way in the back…

2 Likes

“For the love of God, Montresor!”

Huh?

Damn, Glen. :tired_face: But the GoT sidebar to the story was good.

1 Like

It was a joke to imply that the thieves would be so taken with the quality of the stolen beef that they will gladly pay up for it next time. This isn’t any regular Omaha Steaks freezer that they stole.

Glen, while I’m sure upset about the ordeal, seemed to be taking it in good enough spirits. Apologies all around if not.

I have three older adult children 35,37,39 and nine grandchildren…