a bunch of Zepaltas wine in SLC

Besides the chance for some powder turns I always look forward to visiting SLC for the DABC’s selection of Zepaltas wines. I’m a big fan of his pinots but was impressed by his other wines that I tried for the first time!

2011 Zepaltas Pinot Noir La Cruz Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/12/2014)
Wow! A striking and uplifting nose of bright cherry and light wood notes. This wine is pure elegance, pearls and silk. Great acidity weaves a structure filled by sweet cherry, hints of cola, and roasted cinnamon. (93 pts.)

2011 Zepaltas Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/11/2014)
Sweet cherry and spice nose, subtle palate of ripe red fruit encased in a soft body. Very much on the lighter side. (91 pts.)

2012 Zepaltas Sauvignon Blanc - USA, California, North Coast, Lake County (2/10/2014)
Grass and a bit of cat pee on the nose, very typical SB. The palate is crisp and clean, stony, grassy, and citrusy with good acidity. Nice, $32 off the list at Pago in Salt Lake. (90 pts.)

2011 Zepaltas Syrah Rosella’s Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (2/9/2014)
Great complex nose of ripe syrah fruit, herbs, and beef. Like his pinots, this wine touches with a light hand, its structure built around acidity. (92 pts.)

It is true that

It is true that DABC does have some gems in there.

We have Z in Park City too.