A 2016 Comtesse

II’m sure a 2016 Pichon Lalande cannot be mistaken for a Napa wine, but it is still intoxicating in my book

Had this when it was first released. Fabulous wine that might become as good as their 1982.

I think you and I will be well into our eighties before we know.

3 Likes

A magical vintage from my favorite Bordeaux producer. A good reminder that I should buy more.

Yup. Me too. And more 2014. Both magical.

1 Like

The 82 was pretty good at 15. In 2031, I will only be 76.

Twenty years minimum. Fifteen you will only scratch the surface.

1 Like

I will get much more enjoyment from the wine when it is 15 years old if I am alive than I will when the wine is fully mature if I am dead.

2 Likes

16 Pichon Lalande is a superb wine in every sense of the word.

How many senses are there?

2 Likes

It’s so good, I lost count :rofl:

1 Like

My words total up to 43.27 senses.

1 Like

By contrast, I think most people would say that I have no sense, but that would be nonSENSE.

Imagine a side-by-side in 20 years with the ‘18, ‘19, ‘20 and ‘22…

1 Like

And 2000, 2005, 2010

1 Like

Minus 2005, which is a rather weak wine (it was right before the sale to Roederer in 2006 and at a time when the family neglected the vineyards and winery a bit).

How about this? TN: Pichon Lalande dinner with Nicolas Glumineau - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

1 Like

Thanks for this
Always interested in info on Pichon Lalande

I wish I had the $, storage and patience for Bordeaux. I got some Comtesse 2019 in 750 and 375 and almost opened a 375 the other day but told myself the wine will taste like an barrel and green. I know others will shun, but buying California Cab/Cab blends allows for 2-3 year wait and great drinking wine. My assumption is that traditional Bordeaux takes a long time to develop being the fruit component lacks due to weather. After all the oak settles down after 10-15 years the fruit starts to show for a balanced wine.

Love 2019 PLL and 2019s have shown well with a short decant (of course still infanticide). Haven’t tried them in many months now, but doubt they are shut down like 2016.