5th Annual Di Fara's offline in Brooklyn - Fat Tuesday February 28, 2017.

Please let everyone know the wine(s) you’ll be bringing.

Remember to bring stems.

The waitlist will clear when I hear back from one attendee, and if someone can’t attend.

I had a blast couple of years ago! Enjoy!

I confirmed with Di Fara’s. Maggie said ‘the tradition continues’.

Please let everyone know the wine(s) you’ll be bringing.

Remember to bring stems.

Please post what you’re going to bring. It will help the next person decide. [wink.gif]

Current plan is I’ll be bringing a Laura Zahtila 2009 Oat Hill Estate Zinfandel!

Let’s see. I’m in for four bottles. How about: 2004 Saint-Chamant Millesime Brut Blanc de Blancs (Champagne), 2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard, 1998 Pietranera Brunello di Montalcino,
2004 La Spinetta (Rivetti) Barbaresco Vürsù Vigneto Gallina.

Here are my two reds: 2005 Pax Kobler Syrah, 2011 Rossignol Pommard 1er Cru Chanlins.
I hope the Pax is good. Several recent CT reviews leave me with some doubt. I am coming in from Philly so I can’t open it early.
I will post the white shortly.

If a free spot opens I would be interested in attending. I also happen to have a few hundred wine tasting glasses that I bring clean and take home dirty if need be. Can pay in advance and I will bring something old and yummy.
David

I added you to the list. If anyone backs out, I’ll let you and the others on the list know. I’m updating post #2 with the wines.

The wines I am bringing are:
2004 Tua Rita Giusto di Notre Rosso Toscana
2004 Lamborghini Campoleone Umbria

My friend is bringing a Devotus Pinot Noir from New Zealand. Vintage is '14 or '15.

we’re bringing:
2001 Fontanafredda Barolo Serralunga d’Alba
2014 storrs conta costa zin

Not positive yet but I am thinking Avingnonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (2008 or 10) or maybe Argiano Brunello 2010 (probably too young). Not sure it would go with pizza but maybe a Didier Dagueneau '09 (probably Silex or maybe one of the others). I’m traveling at the moment – the FlyerTalkers would be interested to know that I had a great miles-and-points couple of weeks – and when I’m back and I check what I actually have on hand or can get quickly from MWC.

A few (close to half) of those people will be seated at the table. neener
For the record, there are Berserkers/Flyertalkers that post on WineBerserkers, but I’m sworn to secrecy.

This won’t go t waste if you bring it. Didier Dagueneau '09

Hmm, pickings are getting slim at my house in the red department.

How about a 2012 Tonti Family Wines Zinfandel, and a 2013 Banshee Marine Layer Pinot Noir?

This thread makes me hungry for pizza. Now I’m thirsty. Very thirsty. [wink.gif]

The Didier Dagueneau it is then - let me see what I have at home when I get back.

By the way, my current trip includes Etihad Apartments and an upgrade to a suite bigger than my apartment (which, granted, isn’t hard to do when comparing to NYC apartments). I’ll tell you more on Tuesday…

You can share this news with several Berserkers that will be interested. [whistle.gif]

My white selection: 2006 Villa Raiano Fiano di Avellino

I figured with the pizza I should bring at least one Italian bottle.
See you all Tuesday!

If somebody wants to take my spot let me know, i pick up a little gift from the kids and I’m taking antibiotics so can’t drink.