4 weeks in Napa

Viader is at a location with best view from the Howell mountain, could be worth a try. Shafer and montelena were fun visits as well.

Our new tasting room is in downtown Napa - if you would like to stop by please let us know.

Etude is no ML and neutral oak fermented. Their Heirloom Chard has a kiss of new oak (20%ish) and completely native yeast ferment.

Those are all great recommendations.

Montelena, Freemark Abbey Keyes Vineyard, Trefethen, Antica, Matthiasson, Young Inglewood, Ram’s Gate, Tulocay, Massican, Keenan…definitely still missing several great ones.

I think O’Shaughnessy (Howell Mtn) is making some very solid chards. Great minerality and acidity, stone fruit flavors with deft use of wood.

I just got back from Napa, I have a great driver who was easy to work with, knew his wines, knows the history, has a lot of connections to help get you into places. If you want his contact info let me know.

Places we went I would recommend all.
sinegal estate
Checkerboard
Fairchild
Brand
Gandona
futo
Tusk

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Lots of planning to do!

Definitely School House

Agree 100% on targeting areas versus specific wineries in a day. If you do the later, you end up driving too much. We usually pick one, maybe two special interest wineries in an area to make appointments and then hit the open to the public ones of our choosing. Makes for a fun, day. Remember to bring some water and bread, etc. for when between places. Also makes for a quick picnic.

Other Areas: Carneros, Calistoga, Stags Leap, Rutherford, Mt. Veeder, Diamond Mountain. Can also do the same in Sonoma.

If you are looking for the full beauty and experience of Napa I would suggest both Pride and Shafer. Great wines, fun tasting, and a beautiful setting.

Abreu (email Brad Grimes) for a truly amazing cellar tour.
Fairchild is picturesque and the wines are stunning.
Bevan for outstanding/fun loving time with Russell and Victoria and Sharon with great wine too.