20Yr Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve Bourbon

Funny to see price complaints here vs. now.

I heard there will be very little 20 and 23 released this year.On the upside there will be more rye to be had, as always if you can find it.

I still have bottles with $30 price tags on them!

Thatā€™s funny, if there was 100% more Rye than 2019, weā€™d get 12 bottles.

If there was 50% less 20 and 23 weā€™d get 10x the Rye.

However much they make, Iā€™m confident I will get the same number of each I did last year-zero. I did see a bottle each of the 23 and the 15 at a store raffle last December though. I just didnā€™t get a high enough draw to nab one. On the other hand I did get a bottle of GTS for around $250 so that didnā€™t suck.

Anybody had a Tico sighting recently? I ran into PMC at the Phish shows in Boston last year. He is only on Instagram now. Good memories!

GTS for $250 is a STEAL. Iā€™m almost done with my bottleā€¦ and Iā€™m not sharing with you now :smiley:

Issaquah Liquor and Wine posted they picked up the rye. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be priced in the high 3 figures.

Probably over a grand. White Center has the ETL100 for $900 last year.

Iā€™ll sell you one ETL 100 for $800 or 2 for $1599. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

I saw one offered for $500 today on secondary. Will you offer me the same $100 discount? [smileyvault-ban.gif]

I saw these at a store in Chicago last year for $299, I guess I should have bought a few.Anything special about whatā€™s in the bottle?I have several of the regular label that I bought years ago for sub 40

I havenā€™t tried it myself but I heard itā€™s better. Itā€™s not $450 or $850 better for sure at least to me. I like ELT a lot but itā€™s going for $200 on secondary now and I donā€™t think itā€™s worth it. If I find it for $50 Iā€™ll buy multiples to drink. I like RHF even more but itā€™s up to $250 or $275 secondary. I have a couple of unopened of each in reserve now from past purchases when they were closer to $100 but Iā€™d sure like to find some at retail someday.

I havenā€™t seen RHF in the wild for years, I have a few in the bunker as well from at least 10 yrs ago.One of the coolest bottles going.

More likely I just pour you a flask again and drop it off!

Either would be acceptable. To be clear, neither would also be completely acceptable. Iā€™m not hurting for bourbon inventory. I do wish I could curb my FOMO inclinations and be satisfied with drinking BT exclusively. Not wish hard mind you, but it would make things easier.

As someone with access to a lot of Bourbon, I have the same FOMO, I always want 1 bottle, just to try, so I donā€™t regret it down the road. My current FOMO exists around EH Taylor 18yr Marriage, 4R SBS LE, 4R Cask Strength Single Barrel selections, among others.

Those would be great to find, but my sights were set a little lower with Michters Toasted Barrel Rye most recently. Didnā€™t find any. Oh, and Old Forester 150. Also failed.

OF 150 is on my list too, only 15 or so cases make it to WA. Good luck.

Rumor has it that somebody scored 4R Le at total wine in Issaquah.

The Elmer T Lee is gone from BevMos in the area; I think Adam had to have rolled Eastside and scooped me :slight_smile: