2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

Vinous has the best maps, but I think you can only see them if you are a subscriber.

For example, the M-Bar vineyard I mentioned is visible on the Vinous map, but not on Google Maps one.

Had my first of their wines (19 Anjea) at Christmas. I’m sold. Hoping I get some '21 offering as I skipped the futures (wasn’t budgeting for it when they released and I hadn’t even tried it yet!). I may regret not buying futures. Decanted 19 Anjea for 6+ hrs. Best glass was a glass I saved for day two but it was VERY enjoyable all of day one too, just smoothed out day two and was more harmonious.

3 Likes

My day 2 of the 16 Anjea was the exact opposite which was a surprise. It wasn’t bad, but off enough to really notice. Day 1 was off the charts good and wish we finished the bottle then.

Sounds like it over oxidized day one?

How much was left in the bottle after day one? And I ask this because it’s important to know how much head space was left after day one; the temperature the wine was stored at overnight; whether the bottle was gassed or not.

All of these factors are truly important to understand the circumstances and why you may have experienced what you did.

Cheers

1 Like

I poured it into a flip top cap and there was maybe a little over an inch of space above the fill. More space than usual but not much. I figured it was probably ox. Temp would be in the mid 60s tops.

1 Like

Pretty new to the list, when do they usually do the release?

next release is Spring 2024

I’m excited.

Can only hope

‘I am hesitant to guess because they don’t seem to want the source disclosed yet, but I love a good wine mystery so I can’t resist

My guess is M-Bar Vineyard, which is near VHR, lesser known, and Accendo currently sources fruit from there.’

Close, I’m calling Moffitt. Nigel mentioned the vineyard source for Kodo was recently replanted, and comments in the Vinous map indicate it was being redeveloped.

I wondered what “recently replanted” means
as in how recent. Ulysses vineyard right there wasn’t replanted too terribly long ago. M-Bar same story. Who knows. I just know I hope I get a shot at Kodo and Kaanos!

Yup. This.

@Rajesh_P_a_r_i_k_h I am curious, how do you know? I have not gotten an email today, but perhaps others have.

I have to say, I was quite confident in my guess. One clue I did not reveal is the description of M-Bar on the Accendo website which says it is an “extraordinary jewel box” vineyard. That is the identical language Shae used in her original email, and of course there are very close ties between Kinsman and Accendo.

I am sucker for the wine sleuthing missions!

5 Likes

No email for me

What else does it say? Dates and prices?

3 Likes

Huh. Me either. And ive got standing orders for all the wines that they’ve offered and bought futures.

*Edit. Maybe the snail mail letter was the same as the email, which i did receive

I got snail mail a few weeks ago. It says Kaaanos will still be available if you didn’t do the standing order/futures. Log into your account and you’ll see the release times (no actual dates yet for me).

Spring Offering
2021 Kodƍ | 2021 Aphex | 2021 Hierothesion

Late Summer Offering
2021 KÀÀnnös
(2021 Anjea & 2021 Rhadamanthus were offered as futures in 2023)

Fall Offering
2023 Aisana Sauvignon Blanc

I got the snail mail too. However, it did not disclose any vineyard sourcing

Someone please post the whole email!

1 Like

< error >

4 Likes

Thanks!

Still kinda confused (and mildly concerned) why i didn’t get an email, ha! But im sure it will all be fine :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes