2021 Under $15.00 Wine Thread

You can source CS Substance Cab for $10? That is a $18-20 bottle in my neck of the woods. Interesting. Good value (in most years) either way but still, $10 is stupid good.

$15 on Wine.com, then as part of a 20/50 or 50/150 coupon, knocks it down to $10. True for shipping to most states. The 2018 has really impressed me.

Perennially good values, but Gruet NV Brut Rose ($12) and Substance Cabernet Sauvignon ($10) both performed admirably last night. The Gruet was particularly impressive.

Substance at $10 is great. Best price I see in Minneapolis is around $13. Gruet was around $11 but the mail in rebates brought it down to $8.

Not really the sandbox I play in but the Sokol blossom deal was Pretty fantastic

It’s $12.97 at Total Wine in VA.

2018 Joel Gott California Cabernet Sauvignon. I know I’ll get killed for this reco. Nonetheless, declassified Napa Valley fruit from some very nice vineyards due to a very large crop, but also including other normal contributors from NorCal. Its my house wine and cellar defender for the moment. $12 at Safeway. Their 2019 Sauvignon Blanc was #21 on Spectators Top 100 this year. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

2018 Qupe Syrah Central Coast - $0.00 shipped!
[snort.gif]

1 Like

Another vote for this. An every vintage cellar defender for me.

Thanks Ben, my dad was asking for recos for inexpensive bottles at Total Wine near him, and I added that to the list with some Marietta Old Vines Red and Catena Malbec. I wish there was more there to recommend; he doesn’t get out much, it’s almost walking distance, and curbside pickup is handled quite well.

Catena Malbec.

always solid

2018 Pertinace Barbera D’Alba. $10.99 at Costco.

+1 - went back for a case of this!

Also the recently released 2018 Kirkland Sonoma OVZ is great at $9.99.

Marietta Old Vine Red – the current version is Lot #70, widely distributed and available for less than $15.

Ed

1 Like

Destino Fifth Empire Douro Red. You can find this there and it’s a great wine.

1 Like

Thanks Juan, I will pass that along. I had searched Portugal there for him with limited results and didn’t know which to suggest.

It may be my favorite wine under $20.00.

Niepoort ‘Twisted’ Tinto 2019 @ $12.95

Import costs truly are a drag. That’s a 5€ wine over here.

Not sure where to post this one, 2017 Omero Cellars Gamay Willamette Valley bulls at not really under 15. It’s 15 exact and available Mwcwine.com. Not sure how many bottles are left. Sold domestic gamay reminds me of a Morgan or MaV cru bojo. Probably not one to cellar, just to drink.

Not sure where to post this one, 2017 Omero Cellars Gamay Willamette Valley bulls at not really under 15. It’s 15 exact and available Mwcwine.com. Not sure how many bottles are left. Sold domestic gamay reminds me of a Morgan or MaV cru bojo. Probably not one to cellar, just to drink.

If it was $15.01 I would have to delete the post. neener

Sounds like a great wine.

Swanson 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon 14.99 at Costco. Second night MUCH better…