2020 Pride Mountain Cabernet question

Just got the mailer for the 2020 Pride Mountain Cabernet. Has anyone had a chance to taste this? Was surprised to see it released as I thought that was in the area with smoke taint. I have loved most every vintage to date and can’t imagine them releasing a vintage with smoke taint But still being cautious with 2020 reds.

The drive up to Pride is riddled with burnt trees. In fact some wineries actually burned to the ground up on that hill. Surprised to see a 2020 as well. Perhaps with their vineyard so high on the hill, they escaped smoke? Or they picked prior to the fires?

We were there the spring after the fires, I don’t recall what they said about pick dates, but at the time, they were still testing/ experimenting. The fires got all the way to the trees right next to the buildings.

Extremely hard pass for me. I tasted there earlier this year and they said they had small quantities of 20 reds but given the proximity to the fire I will wait for the much better 21’ vintage to begin buying again.

Were you able to taste any of the 20 reds?

They did not pour any 2020 reds. We had some 19s and 18s. I posted a trip report on these back in February