2019 scarecrow release protocol

Wow.

Thats what I was referencing

it’s re-referenced annually. a) they shouldn’t have said it. b) ridiculous to think that the price was never going to go up

Should’ve stopped at a)

Don’t say it if you don’t mean it. That simple

My first year off the waitlist, joined in 2019. March wave, not feeling the love. $500 a bottle with a 3 bottle minimum purchase is kinda hard to imagine. I have a cellar full of Napa Cabs - is the wine worth it?

Tough question. All depends on your preferred style. Its a lighter more feminine style.

Couple thoughts to stew on 1) 500 bucks for a wine that’s always sniffing 100 points isn’t too bad, 2) It’s highly collectable and can easily resell 3) Other cult wines are way more expensive (Harlan 1,000, Bond 750 & etc) and this isn’t a bad entry point.

Over the past couple years, I have found myself cutting back on other cabs and buying Scarecrow and Dakota Shy. Like you said, lots of players out there. Personally, 500 or 550 is at my breaking point. Might be my last year.

1 Like

If you have to ask, you know the answer already .

1 Like

See, I think it’s not “feminine;” I think it’s actually just soft, round, and silky … but boring — a style achievable at a much lower price. Dalla Valle Maya - roughly the same price, actually - is, to me, much more interesting and enjoyable if you want a culty Napa wine that’s a bit more lifted, elegant and lighter (My interpretation of “a feminine”). Bond is also only $550/btl (2019 price) if you’re on the founder’s list system and essentially pre-purchase a terroir pack.

I know the answer yet I continue to buy every year. [cry.gif]

2 Likes

Really ? I’ve only had the M. Etain and found that to be pretty big.

M. Etain is definitely heavier and more of a modern Napa style. Just my 2 cents here…

It is definitely unique and has a profile I haven’t been able to find elsewhere. While I appreciate them for what they are, many of the big cult Napa cabs do not align with my palate—Scarecrow, on the other hand, absolutely does it for me!

1 Like

noticed two allocations for the 2012 vintage. Orders placed about 3 weeks apart. Don’t recall the reasoning. They really had more wine than buyers that year?

I’m guessing they’ll bump 2019s to $500. What isn’t inflating this year?? 2020 offering will likely be a library selection with much higher price points. What would be cool is if they offered library wines at the same price point next year. That’s value and good marketing IMO. However, like Screagle who didn’t offer 2017s, they offered a library selection (2007s) for almost double the allocation price…a total cash grab with no love for their constituents. However, if you can afford Screagle, I guess price doesn’t matter blahblah

M. Etain went from $195 in 2018 to $250 in 2019.

I would guess 19’ Crow goes up at least $50, but possibly more because of all the cost increases.

Not to mention no 2020 vintage due to smoke taint.

If you haven’t received your email and have been on the list for a long time like myself, I suggest you get in touch with Scarecrow. My account was inadvertently merged with my ex’s account because of the same billing address. They had to straighten it out manually in their system.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a $525 or $550 price on these. Not that I want a price increase at all, but you know one is coming.

They are going to sell some VERY expensive library bottles next year to make up for no 2020.

As previously noted in the thread, RP has already published the release price as $500. While RP could be wrong, not sure why people are wildly speculating without any indication that RP is wrong.

Wild speculation on this forum??? Impossible :laughing:

Speculation is what we do best, you should see me on crypto discords [stirthepothal.gif]