2018 White Truffles

Just returning from 5 days in Piemonte. The White Truffles this year were superb - everyone I talked to was ecstatic at both the quality and quantity. The standard price from a truffle Hunter was 2 Euros/gram for smaller ones (40 grams or less) and 3 Euros/gram for the big boys.

If anyone visits Piemonte during the season, Bovio in La Morra is a magical place. The truffle is.a fixed price, and they are very generous with the amount. Highly recommended

quality is great this year. We served them at the restaurant this weekend and it was great fun. I was really impressed.

Foodies Rejoice as White Truffle Prices Sink: Foodies Rejoice as White Truffle Prices Sink - WSJ

I am noticing some relative benefit in restaurants – anyone else?

Jonathan

The experience I’ve had so far this year has been excellent. Props to the folks at Viaggio in Wayne, NJ for a generous offering at a fair price.

Costco has them at $379.99 for 2 oz. Price includes overnight shipping.

https://www.costco.com/Fresh-Italian-Winter-White-Truffles-(2oz).product.11248178.html

Getting some tomorrow for $1290 a pound. Prices are way down…

Damn that’s a good deal!

I would appreciate pointing in the right direction if anybody finds a deal for an online source, would like to order some for the weekend.

I am not familiar with this company but 3 oz. for $350 is a great deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MPXK6CT?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=CXSWWZ42F6VY3V4D2YST

Just placed an order from a local source. Never used them before and found them from a restaurant recommendation. $1600/lb white and $1000/lb black winter shipping included. They also had Summer and Burgundy truffles. I will update on quality once used. www.toskatruffles.com

“This website has been reported as harmful”

Jerry, Is that an available-to-public L.A. source? If so, where?

After placing an order the owner contacted me to confirm. He also mentioned that most orders were done by phone or Facebook. The website was not current and white truffles were $80 per oz. Being local he delivered the truffles to my house Saturday afternoon. Very good quality.

Urbani end of season 50% off fresh white going on.
Just had some black which were good. Also tried the black(summer)truffle burrata and thought it was pretty tasty.

Thanks for the tip—order placed.

Thanks for the heads up. My orders arrived today and are very good. I bought some for my kids, who will be having truffle parties in LA and NYC this weekend. And for myself, of course. I microplaned 6 grams on some mac ‘n cheese to test them. Very aromatic and delicious.