2018 Ridge Monte Bello futures offer

Damn Noah. Where do you find space for all that Ridge!

Unfortunately, only started buying futures in 2013. Everything else was acquired on secondary market over a couple of years. Not that much

I would buy the 2018 MB as it is a grand niece’s birth year. If anyone who has access doesn’t want the entire allocation please PM me.

If not for my age and my strong preference for aged MB, I would eagerly make this purchase every year. I dropped off 2 years ago

First time for me as well! They told me only people with 3+ years on the list got the March allocation but there was a chance I would get an offer in May, depending on quantity since it was a “short year”…

Guess demand went up from a few years ago. I joined the club for the 2016 vintages a couple years back. There was zero wait. I got an allocation immediately.

Only asked for 2 bottles, we shall see. I would not have bought the estate wines otherwise, so kind of a bummer to be “stuck” with those (as good wines as they may be…).

This is my fear with joining the futures list. How much were the three estate bottles shipped this year?

I was hopeful upon joining because they had offered the Perrone merlot–which I can’t get enough of- last year as part of the estate shipment. No luck this year.

Haven’t been charged yet, so don’t know the exact amount, but I think close to $200 ($158 + tax + shipping).

4 bottles last year ran $138/each (all in)

I joined Jan 2017 and I’m in the camp that needs to wait til May to hear. I found out that they did the cutoff at Dec 2016 for this go around (definitely yield related). If you signed up after that, you’re in the ‘wait til May’ batch. I did get allocation (Feb/March) in 2017 and 2018 for '16/'17 vintages respectively. We’ll have to see how they divvy up the remainder come May.

Similar boat. Bought 17, looks like time to wait on 18. Automatic buy if given the chance.

I reduced my allocation so hopefully some of you will get those bottles. The yearly price increases are getting to me.

I’m confused. I have to buy the estate wines, and maybe I’ll be offered some Montebello? 2017 was the first year I bought Montebello.

Dropped my MB buy this year. I have been buying since 2007 and have only opened one bottle. An '07 that was way too young for my tastes. So with 3 1/2 cases in the cellar I pass the baton you you younger cab lovers. [cheers.gif]

We have been buying the Monte Bello futures for several years now. We buy 4 750’s each year, and they are worth every penny for us. Part of the reason is that we go up to the Santa Cruz Mountains or Lytton location at least 4-6 times a year for tastings or just to drop in, and the tasting fees are usually complimentary, except for Monte Bello or other Library offerings. An easy choice for us.

Ed

All in as usual. They were kind enough to switch out my allocation of 750’s for 375’s. Hoping I might be able to drink them in less than 20 years but I somehow doubt it. The last few 20 year old Montebellos from 750 needed another 10 years.

No Brainer, purchase and I also visit and enjoy tastings 3-4 times a year which enhances the value. Especially when they start breaking out some really choice old bottles. The 91 from 3 liter at one of the recent events was spectacular…

Sean

How long do MB’s take to develop tertiary characteristics? Have had 89’ and older, which were fabulous. But have not had anything between 1990 and 2010. Wondering where they start really showing up and what kind of cellar time commitment most give for them? Thanks

The 1996 is wonderful now, the 05 is twenty years away. Every vintage is different.