2017 Quivet Release?

Ouch! $28 for ground on 2 bottles (wish listed another 2).

Order placed.

Did you try a “test” order with 4 bottles to see how the cost per bottle came out? I’m about 250 miles from Napa/Sonoma and my shipping for 3 bottles was $29, so very close to $10 per bottle (11% of the wine cost). It feels like shipping costs are borderline excessive, but I’m really not sure they are - Quivet cab bottles are heavy. I imagine a six-pack order would bring the unit cost down a bit. The wineries that charge both sales tax and shipping really drive up the price per bottle. I seem to eventually drop off the list of those guys as the price increases stack up. Cheers!

Scott, since I waited a whole day, I had to wish list my actual wants. I didn’t test with 4 bottles like I usually do, but based on prior experience, yes, that would drive the cost down. If my wish list is granted, I have no doubt that I will be charged another $28 for the next two. :frowning: What can you do at that point? You have to buy something to get access to the wish list, so at the end of the day, you’re paying that shipping “tax” for not jumping on the offer the moment it comes out. I feel like I’m constantly learning the shipping lesson over and over… sigh. I promise to do better next time (though I said that last year).

Just fyi… shipping a case to the East coast is $64.

I haven’t purchased Quivet in a few years but I still get a allocation (purchase lots of Myriad). Just checked and I have several bottles available to purchase. Reach out to Leah and see if she can help you out. You can take my bottles.

$32 shipping to SoCal on 4 bottles, also feels a little on the higher side but what can I do…

It’s what it costs for a fulfillment center, Styro shipper and shipping.

Amazon has made people numb to actual shipping costs.

Typical WineBid shipping to SoCal for an entire 12-bottle case in styro is $30 - $32. Not sure why 4 bottles would be the same cost. [scratch.gif]

this is correct P Intag. some wineries ‘don’t charge for shipping’, some ‘charge’ a lot, or nothing (Saxum/RM). it’s like resort fees with hotels, in terms of just being how the total tariff is divided, or ‘free’ delivery of mattress. i just look at total cost of wine including shipping.

Cost me about the same for a case from Oregon/ Seattle. ~$30…

passed this year. will be buying less 2017s across the board

Buyers premium.

Buy the mixed case. 12 bottles - shipping $0

BTW offer almost completely sold out.

If not too late, does anyone in NYC want to split a mixed case?

FWIW, tasted the '17 Kenefick cab out of bottle at a party on the 4th and it was bonkers good…