2017 Pax Syrah Sonoma Hillsides - offer is live

For those who are getting 6+, is shipping free?
My allocation of 4 comes with a shipping charge of $30 which seems a little steep.

No. Welcome to the reality of what UPS and FedEx are charging these days.

Just got my wish list one bottle. Shipping went from $27 for the two bottles to $30 for three bottles. [truce.gif]

But like I said I like Syrah and want to try something new to me and at a better price point. Well, if $62 per bottle is a better price point. I will drink one within a month of arrival to see what it is like and cellar the other two for a few more years down the road. If I am happy with the first bottle, I would maybe be willing to go for more.

Put an order in today for 6 bottles. Will pick up at the tasting room in Sebastopol.

Just FYI, I can get these for $50 per all in from SommPicks… Might be worth looking around if you want more. Plenty of online retailers already have the '17

Thanks. If I like them I will check them out at my local brick and mortar store.

When I purchased 6 bottles in May I received free shipping. I got 4+2 yesterday and did not.

If anyone is interested… the winery has indicted to me that this wines production figures (case numbers) are approximately “800 cases or so”.

Winex has them for $45 now. No affiliation other than buying occasionally.

We tasted his lineup (tot sure of the vintage)at the winery in October and was not impressed. The reds were harsh and acidic and the whites, non-descript. They probably should not have been pouring the wines at that time. We had the misfortune of paying about $60 for the privilege.

Perhaps the Pax “house style” is not for you.

it used too be. l just think the wines they were pouring needed a year or two.

The new Pax style evolved from his earlier wines. The wines under the Wind Gap label were even more restrained/leaner (partly reflected vineyard sites). I used to get a little of almost everything he made and generally loved the wines. I’ve tasted the previous vintage of this wine and thought it was great.

-Al

057BCAD4-B38B-4460-894D-ED9A74EFE273.jpeg
Purchased this 2017 locally. It is delicious. None of the peppery, over ripe, jammy mess that I hate about some Syrah. Going back for more tomorrow.

I like pepper a la Cote Rotie

With tax and shipping. Just over $60/btl. OUCH

FYI, just for fun, I grabbed a shipping quote on UPS.com for 20 lbs. (basically a half case) from San Francisco to Hartford, CT to represent what Pax has to do for me. The quote was $48. Shipping charges for my order of six bottles were $37, so more than $10 less than the quote I got from UPS.

I think it’s time to stop pinning shipping on the wineries. They have no choice.

for a 4 pack to me from sonoma, fedex $26, Pax $36

Good to know you are defraying my costs. I like it that way. :wink:

Just $47.99 plus tax. No shipping.

Plenty available locally. No need for shipping expenses.