2017 Hofgut Falkenstein Krettnacher Euchariusberg Riesling Spätlese

The name might scare some off…

“Oberföhringer Vogelspinne”, Hupfheimer Jungferngärtchen" und “Klöbener Krötenpfuhl”

Who distributes your wine in Chicago ?

It’s Robert Houde Wines.

thank you

You’re welcome, Nick.

Will anyone be selling these wines in the DC area?

You should contact Williams Corner Wine, who is our importer for Virginia and DC. Domestique has carried some of our wines. I just checked the shop’s website. They have a 2018 Niedermenniger Herrenberg Spätlese feinherb.

If DC doesn’t have what you want, Jay at Piedmont is one state away in NC where I am, very good importer.

Howdy, Lars. That’s good news for NC!

Hey, Nathan. Yes, it is! And Jay at Piedmont Wine Imports selected 2019 Niedermenniger Herrenberg Spätlese feinherb AP 11 (Meyer Nepal) well before the super-high rating by Mosel Fine Wines. Besides Pinard de Picard in Saarland, I believe that Piedmont Wine Imports got more cases than any other merchant worldwide. Jay also selected the two 2019 Krettnacher Euchariusberg Kabinett—namely, AP 8 (Gisela) and AP 12 (Kugel Peter).

Lars, that’s even better news! Honestly, I just buy a couple of cases of Kabinett and Spätlese feinherb from whatever Jay selects every year as well as 6 bottles of Kabinett trocken. Usually Jay only brings in one of the Kabinett, so it’ll be fun to have two.

My wife and I have decided that our next trip to Europe will include attempts to visit all the growers whose wines that have helped us weather this pandemic and Falkenstein is definitely among the leaders in house consumption so hopefully we can share a glass sometime in 2021.

BTW, going to have a 2017 #23 tonight. Have you had the wines from Weingut O that Jay brings in too? I just took several for a test spin and loved them. Somewhere between Falkenstein and Weiser-Kunstler in style to my mind (acknowledging the lack of site specificity of the comparison).

Jay also selected the Kabinett trocken AP 1 Mutter Anna, a favorite wine of David Schildknecht. I love to drink our Kabinett trocken wines.

You’re welcome to visit. Just let us know when you plan to travel to Europe in 2021.

I actually introduced Jay to Weingut O.

I love to drink the Kabinett trocken as well, but it is a wine for contemplation and I don’t drink it with just anyone. I’ve probably had it most often with Sohpie Barrett, who you probably know.

I’m glad you introduced Jay to Weingut O, I’ll enjoy the wines while I can.

Yes, I know Sophie. She and Amanda Smeltz visited us in 2018.