2017 Beta - Montecillo and Vare Release

Quick update credit where credit is due. Sent a quick email to Beta about the allocation system glitch. They responded quickly and completely resolved the issue. Everything fixed and correct. Appreciate the great follow up from them. Happy days. Cheers.

1 Like

Yes, the greener notes were more prominent in earlier releases up to 2015, then again to me never in a negative way. Sage, mint, hints of green olives, and black currant leaves just add to the complexity imho. Of course, they also have the classic black current aroma, not the syrupy one, but what one would smell from picking and eating them fresh of the bush.
This is an added component to why I like the wines, they remind me of summer days when I’d go out and raid the garden.

4 Likes

Did anyone’s shipments go out yesterday? I got an email saying it would ship Wednesday, but no info was sent.

Yes, I got the UPS shipment notification late in the evening

My 18s are still resting with Ketan which is fine by me. Ill really anticipating the 19 Jasud release in March and pumped for my visit in February!

2 Likes

When are you visiting next month? Will be there as well later in the month

February 11th! You?

2/20

2 Likes

Any sense of how the Jasud will be parceled out to folks on the Beta list? From information gleaned here it sounds like the number of bottles is pretty limited.

1 Like

I have no idea. I have been wondering the same thing. I will ask Ketan during my visit!

2 Likes

I believe Ketan said the 19’ will be magnums only but that is old info from last year’s trip up the mountain. No 20’ vintage for Jasud.

2 Likes

The '21 Jasud barrel sample was already excellent in November! I hope I’m able to get some of the '19s when they are released.

Ya really hoping I can get some 19 Jasud and taste 19 and 21 Jasud when I visit!

2 Likes

Man, if the allocation was 1 magnum I would feel lucky to be included, but that would definitely be one of those bottles that sat in the cellar waiting for the “right” time / putting off opening something you won’t be able to replace.

2 Likes

I 100% agree!

1 Like

Yea 19 is magnum only and not a lot to go around sadly

2 Likes

For anyone in the NYC area interested in joining:

1 Like

Any idea when the new release emailer comes out?

To quote Ketan:

We will be releasing the Jasud 2019 this spring, and I look forward to sharing with you what has been a long journey into making that wine, but more on that in March 2023.

3 Likes

Bueller?

1 Like