2016 VHR Release

One of the most respected brands by folks ITB here in the valley. Anytime I bring a bottle to a tasting or event, it’s one of the first to be empty. I’ll be all in for my full allocation.

Order in…hearing great things.

In for one 3-pack. Really wanted to buy 2, but just couldn’t do it.

in for 1

In for 6. Wine spending hiatus failed.

In for 2 three packs.

I tasted this with Bruce and Heather back in OCT, and it was delicious then. I can only imagine how good its going to be with some beauty rest in the cellar…

How long do you think you’ll lay them down before popping the first one?

Debating on whether to jump on the bandwagon. How do these compare with Fairchild wines (will choose one or the other)?

These wines generally benefit from some slumber, so I will most likely hold off a couple years. If I can wait that long.

This vintage has 25+ years of life written all over it.

I thought the UPS guy refers to you as the guy who meets him at the door with a corkscrew [cheers.gif]

Sold out.

Impressive!

Stuck with a 3-pack after going for a 6-pack last year. Great wines but I’m waving the wine-stained flag when it comes to Napa Cab prices increases. There seems to be no ceiling on these so I’m shifting more of my dollars into Pinot these days. Napa Cabs have already become “special occasion” wines for many here and I think I’m going in that direction.

Was traveling today (plane) and got home to login and its all sold out :frowning:

CONSPIRACY.

Not expecting a whole lot of sympathy here from this board, but…

Turns out VHR has a very odd shipping policy. Ground shipping is free, unless they do not ship to your state. In that case, you have to pay VHR an extra $10.
That fee allows a third-party-shipper the right to go pick up your wine. Then, you pay the shipper the shipping fee.

Recap: Shipping is free, but if they don’t ship it, they charge you $10.

So did you order any?

Short answer: no

I was on the fence going in. Wine sounds fantastic, but on the borderline of my comfort zone for price. I went in ready to pull the trigger, and put the wine in my shopping cart. Then, I discovered the shipping problem. At that point, the logistics were more of a hassle than I wanted to deal with–setting up an account with a shipper, arranging pickup, etc. The added cost (both from VHR and a third party shipper) was a factor. The extra hassle was a bigger factor.

I get it, VHR hardly needs me as a customer! Still, charging $10 to have someone pickup your wine, when you are shipping it to everyone else for free, seems a little odd.

Hey Mark if you are not comfortable with the price I get it. I have had to let a lot of wine lists go because my budget is just stretched to thin and I felt literally uncomfortable spending so much, that’s when you know you gotta let it go. One great thing about VHR is you can typically get it on the secondary market for less than they sell it on their list. Now with it being a rated 100 point wine by AG it may be a different story when it hits the shelves…but you can find multiple vintages (2008-2015) at $165-180 online with wine searcher so maybe give that a run??

Very good call Joe, and something I briefly explored, but then got caught up in the release. I will go back and check that out. No doubt, buying a bottle or two on the secondary market is a better way to decide if I even want to be on the list…

Thank you.