2016 Pax Sonoma-Hillsides 100pts Vinous

Pricing was downgraded after the 100 pts.

Website pricing was $48. Free shipping on 6 or more.

Haha. Yeah Brian, was $48. Just bought six, plus a few of the Hermit st $40. Fu has me chasing 2015 No. Rhône all over the place - this was easy…

Last years Hillsides was $75, I swear. I passed on it because of the price. Scott said it was awesome.

In for 6! happy surprise to get the shipping free.

Huh, I jumped in for 6 earlier this morning but got charged $30 for shipping…maybe I should have waited for the thread to gain momentum? No biggie tho.

I think Pax is masterful with Syrah. Happy for his success and happy to support both Wind Gap and Pax.

Excited to grab my six as well

Pax has always made great syrah. Happy for him for the terrific recognition!

Looking forward to seeing the TN from all the old world Syrah lovers point chasing this bottle. As it turns out, irony can in fact be delicious. :wink:

Also first sulfur free 100pter ?

I bought when it was originally released last year. $48.

It’s amazing wine…and I knew that months before the review! Eric Guido also raves about it.

I was charged shipping on 6 bottles also, not a big deal. Maybe you need to order 8 bottles for free shipping.

Sold out :frowning:

Any idea on aging curve, given no sulfur? I’ll definitely pop one right away, but are these worth aging?

No experience with “sans soufre” Syrah.

The pinnacle of sans soufre Syrah (to me) is allemand sans soufre. It ages quite nice. Had the 2001 twice in 2017 and it was the best Rhone I drank twice in 2017. :smiley:

Very cool! Based on your notes and others, I hope to try it someday.

100pts…12.8% alc?

There is hope for the wine world after all

Not sure if this was no sulfites during élevage and bottling, or just élevage.
The back label states that the wine has sulfites.

Fermentation produces enough sufites that the wine must be labeled as such.

I have to admit that I’ve never tried Pax as my impression was that these were over the top wines. Now I’m just sorry that I wasn’t on the list so that I could have bought a few Gamays and Hermits as well.

That was the old Pax. The new Pax is bigger than Wind Gap, but not over the top.