2016 Les Carmes Haut-Brion --- WTF?!?!

I have a couple bottles of ‘06. Any benefit in holding on for longer, or should I pop them?

Great… I bought some futures through Total Wine last April, but haven’t received them yet. Wondering if this will be another case where they’ll try to refund my $ vs. deliver the goods.

Have you all tried Spec’s in Houston? They offer their “futures” late…January this year…and had it on their list for $78.50. Not sure that price is still available. I think you would need to talk to “Bear” and his blog from which you can find their futures list is bearonwine.com.

Specs priced it at $150ish on the price sheet at their recent 2016 UGCB tasting. This was “futures” pricing. I asked the chateau’s rep how they justified the price increase and she just said they had small production and high demand…

Some of the other wines on the list were priced very well though. Pricing is good through March 1st. I’m putting mine in tomorrow.

is the '15 worth $80? The local Total Wine has it and I’d be interested in trying this

Thanks for the correction. I must have mis read it. Unfortunately, I could not attend the event, so, was looking online.

I echo the comments here that the wine was one of my favorites at the recent UGC tasting. Not in the hyper-modernized style of Pavie, Pape Clement er al either. At the original futures price it was a steal.

No, you read it correctly. The PDF on Bear’s website is from 2017 though. I made sure to double check because I would have bought some at that price!

The 2016 didn’t cost much more than 2015 until Galloni and Martin scores came out, then big jump. K&L had mags for $169 a little over a month ago.

Having tasted 14 and 15, they are great wines…the stem inclusion and heavy Franc are something I’d like to not get priced out of as a Chateau.