2016 Ch. Calon-Ségur - what a beauty

You only thought that because I said that, and I only said that because it’s true.

Good point.

Then it is strangulation, not triangulation.

Guys,

again, you don’t have to wait 10-20-30 years. 2016 Calon Ségur and all the ´16s are singing right now. Do your a favour and open a bottle!

Maybe in 2-3-4 years they are shut down?! And you missed a big opportunity.

Gin Gin
Martin

For the record, I went to Total Wine to grab one, but all gone.

I swear YOU are the one who told me to go buy these, and I did.

Anyway…Martin with the high pressure sales, sheesh! I will need to bring one of mine back from long term storage, lest I ‘miss out’!

I saw you said that. I intended to deny, as I have no recollection, but in truth, after almost 20k posts, many while under the influence, I could have said anything. I probably even drank, and spoke positively about, something Rolland made, for all I know.

Thanks guys. You are to blame for me spending several hundred dollars! One of my local Total Wines had the 2016 Calon Segur for $99 with the 6-pack discount. Bought a few and added a reload of 2016 Capbern which is absolutely delicious already.

Have 12 of these lying in the storage. Don’t plan to touch them for another decade. Bought 6 of 2018 Calon Segur too. Hope that’s as good as 2016

What??? Nobody wants to open a bottle of 2016 Calon Ségur now?!

Maybe it doesn’t get better than right now? Maybe someone will steal your wine?? Maybe you will have heat damage??? Maybe your kids will drink it all when you’re on holiday??? Maybe you are dead in a decade???

Wine is for drinking!!!

Don’t worry, Martin. I plan on opening one as soon as I receive the shipment. I expect to pull the cork within the next week. I trust you and will enjoy one now and tuck the rest away for later dates.

If Martin does not say BUY I do not buy.
Oh well it is sold out anyways
But I bought Lalande. Thanks Martin [cheers.gif]

I didn’t know Martin drank reds, but his Riesling recos are on point! :wink:

Martin, I agree with you. Carpe vinum!

I’ll probably open a 375 within the next week or so

Neal, would you consider part-time dabbling in family law after retirement? I could use your help 'splainin my ongoing wine purchases to my retired lawyer wife.

As promised I opened one of my new arrivals. Wow does this Bordeaux have some fruit! Pop and pour, this wine has a pretty explosive bouquet of dark fruits, damp earth and a touch of iron. Compared to the 2016 Chateau Labegorce I opened a couple of weeks ago, this wine is wide open. On the palate, it’s already showing tons of fruit, some complexity, and a bit of creaminess from the oak (which is NOT overdone). Gotta be honest - at this point, this comes across like a high quality Sonoma cabernet (think Dehlinger) from a great vintage.

I’m very happy to own several bottles more and I look forward to drinking this over the next 20 years.

Given Blair’s comparison to CA Cab, really curious on your take, Neal.

Thanks, guys!

We’ll see. So far as I have been able to tell, everyone of the critics who tasted the wine loved it, across the spectrum. Jancis said it was “beautifully balanced” and that its “freshness really lifts it.” I have hopes.

Yep, this is in a pretty good spot right now. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to open them - in fact, they won’t be getting any better so might as well drink them soon;-)