2016 Burgs

SRP from Kobrand for Jadot Gevrey AOC is 75, for Estournelles St Jacques 140, CSJ 238, Chapelle Chambertin 295 and Clos de Beze 500, to give you a sense of 2016 pricing.

Clerget is a very old small winery - I think the current person running the estate is the 20 something’s generation. For a long time, they made nice but not great wines. Then, the person running the estate retired and they sold grapes to negociants for several years until the son was ready to take over. Now a new generation is in place with Thibaud Clerget taking the reins. Clerget is still in his 20s and worked some at Domaine Drouhin in Oregon and for Charles Van Canneyt at Hudelot-Noellat before taking over the family domaine. https://www.thisyoungwino.com/blog/2018/2/9/the-millennial-vigneron-thibaud-clerget He is getting rave reviews all over the wine press and I tasted there last summer and very much enjoyed his 2017s in barrel. I will be tasting his 2016s in a month at the grand tasting at the Paulee in NY.

SSSHHHHH!!!

But seriously, the wine is insanely good, and quite well priced.

2016 Lignier Michelot was also quite good.

Yeah I’m glad I’ve put away a couple cases of the 15 and 16 clerget. excited to try the 17s too.