2016 Beta Montecillo and Vare Cabernet release

I’ve had the 13 vare and 14 montecillo and while I thought it was a good well-made wine it didn’t move me like the vare, which I found spectacular.

1 Like

order in for both 3 packs. still a very inexpensive bottling.

2 Likes

Order in! Glad I am on a few Cali lists so I can do the obligatory order in post!

Ketan sent a photo of the night Jasud pick. He picked Napa cab on August 29th!!!

Just incredible. Can’t wait to you all can taste the Jasud wines.

4 Likes

Took 3 of each. Always excited for these wines, had the 13 Vare and have been in love since.

In for Monticello myself, but ditto on the wishlist. At 49 cases produce I’d be surprised, but who knows!

Ordered 6+6. Love Ketan and his wines

I can’t wait for the Jasud wines! Hoping they release them soon!

Zach

Am i misreading this or did Montecillo already sell out?

Who knows, I got it last release.

I think it sold out. While placing my order, the website glitched and when I refreshed, Montecillo could not be ordered or wished, but I was still able to order Vare and yet somehow had a Montecillo wish request go through. Based on the descriptors and comments on this thread, Vare sounds more my speed but I am curious to try the Montecillo if anyone wants to trade Montecillo for Vare (or meet up in the fall). That said, I need to try any one of the wines at this point… just confused for when to do so! I have 2014 Montecillo and 2015 Vare in the cellar.

only 49 cases listed for sale

Who can tell me how I got on this list?

I went ahead and placed an order for 3 of each.

1 Like

I could only wish list Montecillo, but this was my first order.

1 Like

Has anyone tasted the 16s? Would like to give these another shot because I found the '14 so underwhelming

A good start I’d say. My first offer was for the 18 Chuy Chard (as in no Cabs at all - but I think it was a chard only release) probably 12-18 months after I signed up for the list?

Shut out of the Montecillo. Was tempted this time. Took my allocation of Vare

$1.25 increase from '15 [wow.gif]

Wow - impressive that it sold out so fast. I almost waited until I got to work to place my order, but right before I drove out, I placed an order on my phone shortly after 8am. Glad I did!

Same thing happened to me. I really like the Montecillo but will settle for the Vare.

Whole offer is sold out now. Guess so much for any wait list hope.