2015 Cappellano

Was also a part of the tasting group obviously. The wines seemed to show well or as they should, including the other three Baroli…12’ Rinaldi Brunate, 16’ Pira Rionda, 07’ Marcarini Brunate, so I don’t think it was transit. It was overnighted to the two of us west coasters so they never saw anything like extreme heat.

There were elements to the wine that I appreciated and liked, though it just seemed like the product of a very warm/hot vintage. Checked in on the other half of the bottle a few days later and it had evolved fairly gracefully, but still picked up some heat. I got the impression it’s one of those wines you’ll need to serve a bit cooler to get it to show well and keep the alcohol in check. And unlike the 11’ it would seem to be a-ok with taking on plenty of air.

Anyhow, having said all that, if you’re invested in this wine, the more data points the better, could have been a not so good cork/bottle. I’d suggest opening one and following over a few days to see for oneself.

This thread has slowed demand… plenty of '15 available to around on Wine Searcher. Even the '18 is being offered at Surburban Wines [pwn.gif]

I suspect most of those places don’t have that many bottles (the allocations are small) and I’d bet a lot of money Suburban Wines made an error in their system, given that the 16s aren’t here yet.