2015 Bordeaux releases

But the scores does´t reflect it. I read from many critics/wine bloggers that the Southern part of the Medoc was superior in quality but if you look at the scores many Paulliac and St. Julien got the same ratings as the Margaux and St. Julien of the same calibre and in some cases even higher.

I think some Saint Juliens and Pauillacs were superb, but overall in terms of the appellations entirely, Margaux was more consistent. So, yes, wines like LLC, Ducru Beaucaillou or Lafite Rothschild and Pichon Comtesse, to take four lofty examples in 2015 from barrel, have about as high scores as the very best in Margaux - Palmer and Margaux - but when I would compare most wines as a whole, Margaux is the most consistent, which is pretty interesting, given its large size.

Bought Tertre Rôteboeuf, may not be a right financial decision but one of the top five favorite chateaus.

Kevin : a top choice, no doubt. And since Tertre Roteboeuf has a lot more drinkers than speculators, be sure of 2 things :

• the price will belong to the last ones to decrease in value in case of problems
  • the price will never explode since the quantity is limited and those who have this cru are not the kind to sell it at first in case of financial problems.

So : very wise choice ! :slight_smile:

Canon: $84. The tasting notes have been almost surreal, so I’ll give it a try.

Where?

Ha, sold out immediately at my local store at that price!

Based on what I have read, not sure this is in my wheelhouse. Some changes afoot. Glad I bought 2014.

Millesima initial listed it at $84 but its since been increased and currently is listed at $93.

Hopefully first tranche Canon will be in that range, I will buy some for sure. Looks like some other good ones are out today, GPL, Calon Sugur, SHL. Hope the prices are sane by the time they get to the US.

I got an email from Total Wine this morning for Rauzan Segla at $69.97.

Same price as B21. Oddly, I haven’t gotten any Total Wine emails. Did they have the Canon? Still on the fence about this one. The RS sounds like it will be more to my liking

Seems that a lot of retailers are offering many '15 bdx at zero markup from negoc pricing. Interest free loan?

I haven’t received a notice and its not on the order page yet.

Can you name the retailers and the wine?

Stop with your “facts”

Total Wine just came out with a few more, including GPL and GL - both $65.

Annnnd K&L has the Canon at the very special Tech Bro price of $119.

I’m not going to name retailers and probably shouldn’t even comment, however this being our first season buying futures I’m intrigued with the retailer pricing out there. I can tell you pricing we see (due on delivery – prepayment is obv a touch cheaper, and I’m sure negoc pricing varies between coasts, etc).

Canon: $85
Pontet-Canet: $106

I’m not giving you a hard time. I am only asking about your post. Why not name the store, or stores and the wines that are selling below cost to help out the Berserkers on here that would like a deal?

FWIW, Canon was 60 Euros and Pontet Canet was 75 Euros Ex Negociant. Also, all negociants charge the same price at this point in the game.

i don’t see Canon for $85 anywhere.