2015 Allemand - prices

No way. Those prices would require the wholesale price to double from 2014 to 2015. That hasn’t/won’t happen. I haven’t received my allocation from Kermit, but if I had to guess, I’d say $150/$175. Hell, at those prices, Alfie can fill his “water” bottles with it.

I bought a few bottles for $52-54. Can’t recall the exact price.

Yes, but I bought back in May of 2017, I think before most U.S. Stores had it in stock and perhaps before the 2015 hype-mill went a little crazy.

FOB pricing to Kermit Lynch distributors for the 2015 wines was about 12% more than the 2014s.

2015 hype and weakening dollar against Euro.

Somehow I would suspect that even if priced obscenely by Berserkers standards, i.e. even with the chorus of “I’m out” here, there are still those who would buy such that the market will bear the so-called absurd pricing. Evidenced by the current rage in select and quite obscure Northern Rhone wines these days.

Absurd pricing. Great wine I’m sure, for the rich. So much good No. Rhône out there for so much less.

I would be very pleased if wholesalers and retailers get stuck with their allocations - serves them right for taking advantage of consumers, though they have every right to do it

It’s really insane. Clape is half the price!

Just doubled down on Gilles Barge today.

trying to find my emails for there 14 to see when it’s released but can’t find. Martin do you know when ? Haven’t seen from retail or wholesale yet.

Nick, Kermit’s people say 4-6 weeks.

FIFY neener

Didn’t see any offers for Gilles today!

I am stocked up on 15 Gilles based on some board member recs. Mags and 750s. Hope it’s better than the very unimpressive 14 that I just tasted

I’ve been really impressed by the more classic producers and their takes on 15.

I have not had the 2015 flagship cuvee, but was not that impressed with the 2015 Gilles Les Rieux and put an “avoid” on its 2015 gamay:

Did like the 2012 Cornas:

Will grab some 2015s as well.

Have really enjoyed the 09 and 10 Cornas. The Peyroux also very good. Didn’t love their gamay either…

Having recovered from my shock at the prices in the first post all I can say is that I"m glad I bought a small stock of 2014 Allemands as that will almost certainly be my last vintage.

thanks Martin. May the games begin !

On the topic of rhone prices, if you hurry to winebid right now you too can buy bottles of 2014 Juge for $430 each - before buyers premium, of course.

The Allemand price increases are disappointing, but Juge has to be the single most overrated northern rhone today.