2014 Roy Piper Cab

champagne.gif

The way you make wine, do business, and share your enthusiasm is appreciated.

I was going to send a PM saying that, but then I saw your post, so I can say it publicly.

Totally agree!

World Class!

In for the max.

In for my allocation – what is the alcohol on the 2014 & 2015?

After trying a '13 I’m in for these and going forward!

Just curious…since there have been some clitches is shipping supposed to be extra this year?

i thought shipping was included is that no longer true?

I was charged $25 and thus the reason I asked.

Ahh wasn’t able to buy last year but hopefully I make the second wave this year!

Roy I just met your good friend Elizabeth at my Realm tasting last week. What a fun person and amazing tasting experience!

14.7 on the 2014 and 14.9 on the 2015. It looks like 14.4 on the 2016 at this point, from barrel.

Yeah, that was not a glitch, actually. I am charging for a chunk of the shipping this year. pileon

Shipping 3 bottles vs shipping 6 is not that different in price, actually, depending on where. I have the shipping listed on the orders as UPS Ground, but in fact a large dose might go out 3-day AIR depending on how the weather looks November 13th. I don’t like shipping ground if anywhere along the route exceeds 70F in the day.

Air shipping actually travels almost entirely at night, which is why I like it. But I wanted to give myself some wiggle room, so only mentioned Ground as the option. Most likely I will still be eating a couple dollars per bottle at minimum for shipping.

Sadly we have to pass this year, if anyone wants my allocation reach out.

Love the wines but budget-wise something has to give.

I have taken the opposite view. Given the passion for the wines and the sudden rash of corporate buyouts, I am hanging in with Roy. Really appreciate the videos walking you through crush and harvest. unique and behind the scenes of the grit of wine production. Many other lists have gotten the ax this year…

Could not agree more. Roy is the opposite of everything I don’t like about any of the larger wineries I deal with. Roy, Aaron Pott, the MacDonald brothers are going to keep my business long after I drop off the rest of my lists and that date looks like it is coming sooner every day.

Strategy-wise I may alternate support of Pott & Piper on an annual basis. Family wants off the actual beach, just too raw & wild for them, so we are house shopping at my advanced age.

Just bought. So happy to buy from Roy not only is he making a great wine he is also a wonderful friend!!!

I am in for one three pack. The problem will be letting it sit in the cellar for the appropriate time frame.

+1 Already dropping the BIG Greeds !

If I could afford it I would have gone for the two mags.

Wish request granted. Thanks, Roy.