2014 Passorosso from Passopisciaro top scoring wine of the vintage/issue

Sort of an “I told you so”…
Published yesterday in Vinous, by Ian d’Agata:
“Owner Andrea Franchetti and his team turned in Sicily’s (and one of Italy’s) best wine performances of the year. Simply put, it’s nearly impossible this year to pick a favorite red wine from Passopisciaro’s many offerings, with one gorgeous, ageworthy wine after another made from the single contrada and a truly memorable Passorosso blend that strikes me as the best of them all. The 2014 vintage will long be remembered as one of Etna’s best ever, and Passopisciaro has created what look like truly epic wines.” - Ian d’Agata of Vinous

“Bright red-ruby. The captivating nose combines strawberry, raspberry, minerals, violet and flint aromas. Creamy-sweet but amazingly light on its feet, offering palate-staining, perfumed flavors of soft red berries, ripe red cherry, vanilla, aromatic herbs and crushed rock. Rich, ripe and suave, but displays a penetrating, saline and energetic quality that gives this beauty a three-dimensional mouthfeel and a light-on-its-feet quality. Finishes with great length and wonderfully polished tannins. Absolute knockout wine: from a memorable vintage on Etna, this is most likely the best Passorosso ever (in earlier vintages, it used to be called simply Passopisciaro). Mainly Nerello Mascalese.” 97 points Ian d’Agata of Vinous

Gross disclaimer, I import this wine (the only person with bottles in the US at the moment in fact…).
I am offering a refill in Commerce Corner.
I figured that this would be of enough community wide interest that I would be pardoned for the clear commercial nature of this post.
Get it while the gettin’ is good.
[cheers.gif]

I’m not sure what there is to “tell”. The wines speak for themselves, and I wouldn’t necessarily trust Galloni’s scores as he tends to hyper-inflate. Has he been following them since 2004 (like I have)?

Galloni didn’t write the review.
D’Agata did.
I don’t find his scores inflated at all.
He has never rated a red wine 97 points as far as I am aware.
What the “I told you so” is that I sent out an offer nearly six months ago saying that this is a tremendous, epic vintage for Etna.
Now the press.
Hence, I told you so.

So this is just a commercial post, yeah?

Robert, why do you insist upon doing this? I should think that Commerce Corner is a sufficient enough platform for you to offer you wines on this site. I have no problem with you writing an honest note here about a wine you sell or providing insights to a producer your represent (and would like to see you do that), but your post here, as many of your posts have been recently, is nothing more than an offer that should be confined to your website or however else you offer wines to your customers. Why the mods have not shut you down on this I will never know. It is not the list bit transparent.

I see this got moved.

did they taste the '14 contrada wines?

Yup.
Contradas got reviewed too.