2014 Cayuse Release Party

We won’t get in until Friday late afternoon/early evening and will go to SoH soiree that night. Begin Saturday @ Cayuse and then go to Reynvaan and Rasa, likely call it quits after that and settle in for lunch somewhere.

Are you a doubleback member? or is it open to public that weekend?

I’m on the list, and it is appointment only Cayuse weekend, as well as May 2nd for Spring Release. They will be open with no appointment necessary on May 3rd.

I’ll be doing “breakfast at Cayuse” on Saturday morning. Planning on Reynvaan, FIGGINS and Sleight of Hand as well.

Tom

Gentlemen,

I’ll be drinking the Frog around 11-00am Saturday and then heading to Reynvaan followed by Rotie and Maison Bleue. Later in the evening, I’m heading to an “after hours” party for the consumption of more kick ass wines.

Maybe I’ll see some of you there!

Armada once again stole the show for me…but then again most of the others are barrel samples and showed that.

All the wines were noteworthy but I think the Cailloux and En Chamberlin were my favorites. Oh and the Horsepower Grenache and Syrah were mind blowing.

Tom

Where did you get to try horsepower?

For me the wine of the day was the 12’ en chamberlin, the nose was incredible, pure florals.
The 12’s surprised me as I found the cailloux un- cayuse and very primary, no ‘funk’.
This vintage is all about rich, acid driven wines that will age. For me I like 11’ a bit more for immediate drinking and personality filled wines.
With the cerise the ‘cayuse funk’ started and the wines seemed to break out of their
Shell.
The frog was good, really primary,
12’ impulsivo was loaded with personality.
12’ lovers was interesting and primary.
11’ Gok kills it in the nose and was as always, very pretty, I don’t like Grenache right now but Christophe does it well.

Jason was there early on Saturday and Trevor had a little “H” to try. The mailer will be next month. Hoping I am at my computer at the right time.

Tom

Any idea on the cost of the Horsepower wines? I thought I had read somewhere that they were going to be around $150 per bottle.
Also, anyone willing to give a report on the Reynvaan wines?

Kevin, Reynvaan was pouring a Grenache Blanc, Viognier, Queens Road White and the '12 Cabernet. All the whites were outstanding but I would give the edge to the Grenache Blanc. The Cabernet was outstanding.

I’d be surprised if the Horsepower wines priced at $150. Seems counterintuitive to what Christophe has done with Cayuse pricing.

Tom

My fav was the Chamberlin as well… wow… for a barrel sample, can’t wait to see it in bottle.

Fun time all around. :slight_smile:
Hit Figgins, Doubleback, Rasa, and Maison Bleue as well over the weekend…

need some water and some hangover food now.

Thanks Tom. I hope you are right regarding the Horsepowers!

Did anyone try the Toil pinot being made by Figgins? I had it back in October and loved it, the release came out last week and I want to order but am trying not to buy anything for a few more months. I may give in though.

This kills me. For some reason this was not on the menu on Friday. I was allocated this guy last year and bought it blind hoping to give it a shot this weekend. No dice. :angry:

Paul, I had the opportunity to taste the Toil on Friday at the FIGGINS Studio. The wine is really earthy with some great flavors of tea, blood orange and mandarin. Great acidity. I bought a 3 pack and look forward to following this project over the coming years. I think the wine may have already sold out but you can certainly check with the winery on Monday.

Tom

I have an allocation of Toil Oregon at cost if anyone wants it. It is posted on CC.

Thanks for the input Tom. I just checked the website and it lets me go through the cc input page so I am guessing it is a held allocation. Still on the fence. $21 to ship three bottles to the east coast with tax on top of that hurts.

Curious if you were able to see how the horsepower differentiate from the rest of the cayuse lineup? I find the no girls, cayuse like but not sure if they have their own personality yet (or what it is).

I do agree that the En Chamberlain was very interesting and my second favorite.