2014 Caroline Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chaumées

• 2014 Caroline Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chaumées - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (3/21/2016)
    Reserved lime nose of finesse. On the palate lively, vibrant and refined stony yellow fruits, balanced by fine precise acidity. Very long, with an intense mineral finish. Excellent!

Posted from CellarTracker

Another Morey label to look out for. Many thanks for the note.

Yes, there are a LOT of Moreys to keep track of; anyone know if Caroline Morey’s wines are imported to the U.S.?

Envoyer recently offered them.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=125721

Barry, what style would you compare this bottle too? Is it PYCM-like?

Great question.

2014 Pierre-Yves and Caroline Morey , so far similar style; wines of amazing precision and intensity ….

Thanks. I look forward to getting my 2014s shipped to me.

Heavy shipping Howard!

I noticed the 2014 PY and Caroline Colin-Morey waxed bottles are muscled-up, heavier than they used to be. Size, weight LEROY - technical reason for this, or is it just fashion?

I am finding this with more and more wines. The bottles are getting heavier and heavier. Other examples are: Pousse d’Or, Jadot (grand crus), Paul Chapelle Santenay and PM (Santenay, really, does that demand a heavy bottle), Bernard Moreau and a number of others. As I get older, I want bottles to get lighter, not heavier.

I bought two bottles of Au Bon Climat chardonnay, one of their many ones with a difficult to pronounce French name. Maybe Nuits-Blanches au Bouge? Anyway, the bottle might be the biggest, thickest, heaviest 750ml bottle I’ve ever seen. This might be a 7 or 8 pound bottle of wine.

It seems particularly unusual for (a) a Chardonnay and (b) a wine from such a traditionalist / old school producer like Au Bon Climat. I guess I did buy them anyway, but it almost made me pass on them. And I’ll probably drink them younger, since I don’t want to use a magnum rack to hold the things.

Not Burgundy, but just commenting on the weirdness of oversized bottles.

Thanks, Ryan.

Like most, I really like what is in the PYCM bottles, but the bottle size/weight is truly ridiculous. Does anyone know why he does this? Is there any legitimate rationale? And now it seems that wife Caroline is doing it. It is reason enough for me not to offer Caroline’s wines, and I cringe every time I buy and offer PYCM wines because of the bottles. I feel that I am facilitating what seems irresponsible behavior. Of all people, I am surprised that PYCM does this.

And while I am on a rant, what is up with the current Burgundy generation’s aesthetic/egos? The label on Caroline’s new wine is a good (bad) example. I so much prefer the old-school script of the village and vineyard, with the producer’s name printed discretely below. Antoine Jobard’s label is another example of ego over aesthetic.

Okay, I am finished.

Fashions in Wine Packaging ! Bodybuilder Bottles ……