2014 Bordeaux Vintage

Do you have a link? Cheapest I see LC for NJ shipping is benchmark at $152/bottle.

I might be tapped out for the month though between my case purchase above and the tidings release coming up later this month.

Maybe it would be more productive to discuss 2014 Bordeaux in 2034 when it’s beginning to get ready ( if it’s a Grand vintage)

I only see they have the 2017 left

That’s a nice wine. I like it more than the 2014. I think that’s below its EP price.

2014 Cos Labory. Hmmm, medium depth, maturing garnet. Not much nose, hints of fruit and cedar. Fairly lean traditional Bordeaux flavours, fairly light tannin and acidity. After a couple of hours a little spiciness came through. All in all, less interesting by far than other 5th growths like Belgrave and Croizet-Bages. 89 or***-.

2 Likes

Opened a 2014 Malescot St. Exupery the other night. It bears noting right off the bat, that my palate was a bit compromised, on account of having had too many salty snacks two days previously (I could tell the front of my tongue was “off” as a result).

I was not impressed, and felt it was showing worse than it did when I had it shortly after release. Alcoholic on the Nose. Bitter, with thinning fruit on the palate. I never thought it would be phenomenal, but I was expecting “very good” to “low-level” excellent (i.e.: 88 - 91 points, as I score wines). I didn’t score it, but if I had it likely would have been in the low to mid 80s.

2 Likes
  • 2014 Réserve de la Comtesse - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (7/5/2024)
    This has come around since my last bottle in ‘18. Edges have smoothed out. This is showing black fruits, more plush, seemingly with a merlot influence. Nice flint influenced nose with a hint of cab herbaciousness. Tannins still present and coarse/rustic. In its early drinking window. No harm to open now, there’s a mild hollowness to the mid palate keeping this from a higher level but otherwise classic expression. (92 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

Shows really well. Yeah the tannins are a bit on the rustic side but this is otherwise delivering the goods. Drink or hold.

Also had a recent Lafon Rochet that showed well also.

2 Likes

Brian- I have been drinking this consistently over the past three years except for ~6 months. Up until then it has been a standout for flavor delivery at that price. Your experience is making me curious, will have to try another glass soon and report back. Cheers

1 Like

Bought a bunch of the R de la C in half bottles. Your note is pretty much on the nose

I hate to admit it as an AFWE cardholder, but I really like the 2018 Pichon Comtesse Reserve :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear what you think, Ryan. I was pretty surprised by my bottle.

1 Like