2013 Ramonet Clos de la Boudriette

Fairendes can be sold as Morgeot and I’m pretty sure it’s technically part of Morgeot - like Tête du Clos and others - but would need to look it up in Pitiot, and I’m traveling right now.

What’s the difference between the reds labeled 1er clos de la Boudriette and the reds labeled 1er Boudriette?

My understanding is that Tete du Clos, Les Petits Clos, Les Grands Clos and Les Fairendes are all part of Morgeot. I don’t have a lot of experience with the former three, but Jean-Marc Pillot makes a lovely Morgeot-Fairendes Blanc, always among the best to my palate in his wide range. It seems to benefit from its northern position.

Michael, you nailed the 2013 Ramonet Clos de la Boudriotte. It is a lovely, fine, soil-driven, red-fruited, lissome wine. Like the domaine’s whites, all of the reds are superb but, for my tastes, the Clos de la Boudriotte merits the small premium it carries. William, I’d be interested to hear how you compare/contrast the domaine’s Clos de la Boudriotte and Clos St. Jean. I find that the latter has a shade more concentration/density, but not quite the fine texture and finesse.

I have two bottles of 1992 Ramonet Clos De la Boudriotte. Now, if I could just find them…

That’s pretty much exactly what I would have written, adding that the Clos Saint-Jean can age better, and benefits from the additional mid-palate flesh in leaner vintages such as 1993. I buy both very happily.