2013 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Pajé

Even 2011 Barolos, I’m popping and pouring. Towards the end of a meal, you can sense it’s starting to shut down a bit, but usually, they are so delicious that it isn’t a problem.

so are there Riservas for 13,14, 15, and 16 in the works?

Im really wanting to grab a few 15s for anniversary bottles, but im guessing ive still got another year to wait? i always forget how long after vintage Produttori releases riservas. 5 years?

Yes there are. Likely 2017 as well.

How do you get on the allocation list?

This wine was stacked up at the specialty grocery store I was at this morning. Didn’t check the price as I’m pretty sure I already have it but probably less than $50.

It’s retail stuff. Just find a good retailer.

The Riserva?

Not fair. Portland gets a big chunk of Produttori wines (because of some kind of longstanding relationship that I’m blanking on at the moment). Actually not such a big deal as they are happy to sell it to you, for prices that are quite good.

Nope. Paje. Pricing on PdB is generally apart from pricing in the rest of the country.

Interesting (though I paid $50 for most of the 2013 Riservas as well).

there was a ton of the '13 Riservas (as well as '15 normale) at Vinopolis as well. none with prices that good though as I remember.

I have a bottle of the paje so I was wondering if I should drink it now or later. From the above it appears that it could be pretty drinkable now, but what’s the ideal window?

2014 riservas are now hitting the market in Europe - around 40 EUR all-in per bottle for a mixed set. Any thoughts on quality? Better to wait for 2015s?

I tried a few ‘14s at the winery last summer. They are lovely wines, and worth the asking price you are quoting.

If you don’t want to buy both vintages, it probably just depends on whether you like the '14 or '15 Normale better. Between the two, the '14 normale is more classic (leaner, acidic driven, more mineral), but seemingly less tannic. The '15 normale is more fruit forward, softer contours, and very drinkable now. Take this with a grain of salt, as I had each wine a year apart.

Same here, $50 a bottle for 2013 Asili and Rabaja. I knew it wouldn’t be long before the Rabaja would be double in cost. Vinopolis in Oregon just released their first tranche for $99, already sold out. I bet US release price for 2015 Rabaja will be $119 a bottle. This brand has finally found mainstream attention among nebbiolo-lovers. Best QPR in all of Barbaresco IMO.

I got my 2014s for the same $50. I was also forbidden from revealing the source (they can’t ship anyway).

WineX.com has 2014s Riservas for $56 each.

Vinopolis has some 14s but they are not 99 for regular 750s, in the 50s and 60s for those. Winex too. Just grabbed a mix 6 of my favorites, my wine budget is officially zero at the moment currently so these are off the books!!

Great wine for $50-$60 bucks. Easy pass for me if it doubles in price. Too much other stuff out there…