2013 Oregon Chardonnay Tasting

Sounds like an awesome plan! [cheers.gif]

That’s a really nice thing to do, but was the bottle damaged? It sounds like it was just showing reductively?

Walter Scott Ex-Novo is the real deal.
I’ve been pushing it and the Crowley Four Winds as two of Oregon’s most special Chardonnays, along with Cameron’s
Clos Electrique Blanc. And the Richard’s Cuvee. Everyone one of these wines I’ve opened and had them be crabby bastards, but they all light it up when their on, and in ways no other domestic Chardonnays do(that I have tried).

A great curve ball spends a lot of time out of the strike zone on it’s way to plate but it’s the best pitch in baseball. I kind of feel the same about white wines with distinct reduction and reds with heavy whole cluster.

Superb notes on a great lineup! Thanks for sharing.

Continuing the 2013 Oregon Chard theme, I cracked a 2013 Cameron Clos Electrique last night. Outstanding and IMO would have been one of the top wines had it been poured last weekend. Medium to full bodied, medium acid, citrus, white flowers, a touch nutty, minerals with a long finish.

Outshone by a mile a 2013 Dry River Chardonnay, which was mildly corked. Was really looking forward to drinking this bottle, which I brought back from my New Zealand trip in 2014. The bottle we drank at the winery, albeit young, was dynamite and was interested to see how it aged. Alas!

Good to hear about the Cameron. I had a pre-moxed bottle six months ago. It was the only oxidized Cameron I’ve had.

13 Walter Scott Cuvee Anne is drinking well. Allowed to breath to clear the reductive notes. Better on the palate than the nose, tasty with crabcakes.

We did a dry run of the 2014 tasting today. Was great to get together with friends for the first time in like forever. June 5th will be the real deal.