2012 white Burgundy premier cru blind tasting

I love PYCM En Remilly but not sure if it is as good as the top 1er crus Meursualts or Pulignys.

Agree with Kevin

Herwig,

I would have expected the Lafon Genévrières to be more elegant than powerful.

Have you tried any white 2015s? They’re delicious right now!

Khiem

Great interview of Dominique Lafon by Levi Dalton on I’ll Drink to That. Indicated he is now using DIAM. Is that what people are seeing?

Yes, they now make a few Saint Aubins - Charmois (which they have had for a while) and Murgers des Dents de Chien too. They are all nice wines, elegant and supple, but they’re probably not going to make you forget the better 1er Crus from Chassagne and Puligny in the Ramonet cellar.

Thanks William!

Hi Khiem , yes I tried some 2015’s and they are indeed already delicious . I would certainly drink them before the glorious 2014’s . ( but yesterday , I had a 2014 Francois Carillon Puligny which was also a top wine ) . Conclusion ? Whites are drinking better sooner than before ? So you don’t have to wait 10 years no longer ? I don’t know
Howard , at Lafon , the change is more than DIAM alone . His wines are tighter and more mineral , I think.

I believe he picks earlier than before. Even after the change, I don’t find Lafon wines elegant but pure and expressive.